Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Grounding on 2004 C5

Barry Hanna

Corvette
2004 Black on Black
Hi gang, after a dead battery experience, I now have a CTEK charger. What's the best place for the negative ground for the charger?

I did notice some small bolts, maybe for a eyelet on the battery terminals when I had to jump start the car. Are these usable if I want to permanently mount the leads?

Thanks

Thank you. By the way, the battery failure was the morning after the dealership replaced a heated O2 sensor. I wondered if there might be any connection. The next day they said the battery was low on charge, they put the battery on low charge for 3 hours and then the battery tested good at 13.12V and the charging syatem was at 13.9V. The question is, I have had the CTEK charger on all night at it still shows a charge condition, does it just take time to charge?

Hi gang, after a dead battery experience, I now have a CTEK charger. What's the best place for the negative ground for the charger?

I did notice some small bolts, maybe for a eyelet on the battery terminals when I had to jump start the car. Are these usable if I want to permanently mount the leads?

Thanks

Yup you can permanently mount the leads if you want to. We have many customers that mount the whole unit in the car.

Is the CTEK showing a maintenance charge or a full charge.

Peace
Chip

When it first started, the maintenance green light was on and the charge light was blinking. That went on for a while, then I unplugged and plugged the unit from the wall socket, checked the connections and from that time last night at about 7 p.m. until now the charge light has been on. I did unplug the unit from the wall about noon, it went to green then shortly after, it went back to charge. I supose it just takes time, or do you think the battery or charger might be at fault? Thanks

When it first started, the maintenance green light was on and the charge light was blinking. That went on for a while, then I unplugged and plugged the unit from the wall socket, checked the connections and from that time last night at about 7 p.m. until now the charge light has been on. I did unplug the unit from the wall about noon, it went to green then shortly after, it went back to charge. I supose it just takes time, or do you think the battery or charger might be at fault? Thanks

Sounds like the battery. Take a battery that you know is good and try it on that.

If you got the CTEK from us and it is bad, I will take care of you. If not, I know that CTEK has phenomenal customer service. Their number is
330 963 0982.

They can answer any technical question you might have as well.

Peace
Chip

The indicator finally went green sometime last night, so it's now on maintenance charge. Evidently, the charge state was lower than I thought, even though the dealership charged it for 3 hours and was satisfied with the readings they had taken. My confidence level is higher now that I won't have an unexpected "event" that will leave me stranded. I do find it odd that the failure occurred the morning after it had been serviced by the dealer. Thanks to the forum for support.

The indicator finally went green sometime last night, so it's now on maintenance charge. Evidently, the charge state was lower than I thought, even though the dealership charged it for 3 hours and was satisfied with the readings they had taken. My confidence level is higher now that I won't have an unexpected "event" that will leave me stranded. I do find it odd that the failure occurred the morning after it had been serviced by the dealer. Thanks to the forum for support.

:upthumbs

Peace
Chip

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom