Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

GU2 performance axle

X-caiver

So, do I get it or not? It seems like a good thing, but is there a downside?

I'm planning on a 3LT, with the F55 mag suspension, the MX0 auto, NPP exhaust, C2L dual-roofs, and the QX1 grey wheels.

Realistically this is going to be a daily driver / commuter, not a race car.

Welcome to the CAC! :beer

I find that 1st gear doesn't last very long now with the standard axle ratio in my '06 (performance ratio was not available in '06), so the 'extra' acceleration would be hardly noticable on a daily driver.

It would cost you some gas mileage also. How much - no clue.
Our '06 A6 gets 20-21 in town and 29-31 on the highway.

What color?

I think the performance axle sounds good! And it would be easy to skip 1st, just take off in 2nd gear for casual driving...
Gersh

If the car is going to be a driver/commuter, once the novelty of the car's power wears off and gas goes to $4.50, mileage might be an issue. Get the base axle.

On the other hand, F55 is an excellent choice for a driver/commuter C6.

Yea, this is going to be a daily driver, I don't want a 'garage queen'. I'm going to pass on the perf axle - I will be going from my 4-cylinder 100-hp front-wheel-drive Saturn SL1 to this beast, I'll have my hands full for quite awhile!

My Saturn actually hit 100k miles on Jan 3rd of this year. She's still in great condition and will be kept for drives in the snow or when I need to get something 'big' from the store, but it is time to get a new ride.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom