Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Gymkhana suspension

pbronson

Corvette
1980 Claret L82
Supposedly my new 1980 L-82 has a Gymkhana suspension option but I am unable to find the RPO tag. Does anyone know where I should look for the tag and how do I tell if I have the Gym.. suspension by looking at the chassis?

Thanks for any help.

Pete

FE7 is the option code, wich I found written on the bracket for the strut rods. Also you should have a rear sway bar.As far as ive been told the spring rates were higher and the suspension bushings were made from a harder material.

pbronson said:
Supposedly my new 1980 L-82 has a Gymkhana suspension option but I am unable to find the RPO tag. Does anyone know where I should look for the tag and how do I tell if I have the Gym.. suspension by looking at the chassis?

Thanks for any help.

Pete

just curious as to how you came to this conclusion?? was it something you were told by the previous owner?? not trying to give you a hard time, just curious. i bought my pace car from about the 5th owner who knew little if anyting about it's originality. what i surprise i got when i ordered a copy of the original dealer invoice and found gymkhana suspension was one of only two options (other than the pace car package of options which is pretty inclusive) that were ordered when the car was new!! if i remember correctly it was a $99.00 option (retail) in 1978. dealer cost was $79.00. i feel that the $50.00 i spent for the invoice copy was some of the best research money i have spent to this point. i know where and when the car was built and delivered, and exactly how it was configured when delivered to the original dealer.

steve

Steve,

It was info from the previous owner but in doing some research is appears that I do have the heavy duty suspension. How did you get a copy of the original dealer invoice? I might be interested in getting a copy myself if it is avail.

Pete

srs244 said:
just curious as to how you came to this conclusion?? was it something you were told by the previous owner?? not trying to give you a hard time, just curious. i bought my pace car from about the 5th owner who knew little if anyting about it's originality. what i surprise i got when i ordered a copy of the original dealer invoice and found gymkhana suspension was one of only two options (other than the pace car package of options which is pretty inclusive) that were ordered when the car was new!! if i remember correctly it was a $99.00 option (retail) in 1978. dealer cost was $79.00. i feel that the $50.00 i spent for the invoice copy was some of the best research money i have spent to this point. i know where and when the car was built and delivered, and exactly how it was configured when delivered to the original dealer.

steve

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom