Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

H4 Headlight System--Super Bright and Versatile

I am very interested in all this, however, I cannot see any of the posted pictures/diagrams. I odn't mean to be a pain, but could you repost or send me the info through email? I really appreciated it!

Thanks!

- Jeremy

I did something similar years ago. I was in Sweden and picked up some H4 euro spec lights. They bolted right in except for the fiber optics. I got those working by drilling a small hole in the H4 plate and sticking the fiber optics in. I'm just running standard 55/60W H4 bulbs so I didn't need to change the wiring. Lights are GREAT. The euro pattern is much sharper with more light to the sides compared to DOT patterns. Technically they are illegal in the US but no one has ever noticed at inspection. I'm still on my first set of bulbs after 5 years.

query regarding the fibreoptics, is that just threaded next to the bulb so that the light is passed through the cable and up to the lights on the console? Cause I might consider getting mine to work :)

if anyone can understand what im saying...

The end of the fiber sticks into the headlight. It picks up light and transmits to the console. If it doesn't work the most common reasons are a break somewhere along the way.

zwede said:
I did something similar years ago. I was in Sweden and picked up some H4 euro spec lights. They bolted right in except for the fiber optics. I got those working by drilling a small hole in the H4 plate and sticking the fiber optics in. I'm just running standard 55/60W H4 bulbs so I didn't need to change the wiring. Lights are GREAT. The euro pattern is much sharper with more light to the sides compared to DOT patterns. Technically they are illegal in the US but no one has ever noticed at inspection. I'm still on my first set of bulbs after 5 years.
Hey Zwede, they're illegal in the US ?? Yikes !! :eek
My 82 had been converted to Euro-Spec H4's and i LOVE them, never failed (yet!) and the lights is so much better.. No one questioned it though, even with the small 'Standing Lights', that are required in Germany, in the Headlight when she got re-imported to the US.. I believe i have the Hella 60W's, and it doesnt look like a kit, it looks more like an old set of VW Golf III lights.. ;)
Stefan
:w

Does anybody have the diagrams and pictures that were posted here by photovette? I would really like to do the headlights, and would love to see the wiring diagram and all of the other pictures that were posted here regarding them. thank you. you can either post them here, or e-mail me at vidguru@wideopenwest.com Thanks again.

Yes, I'd like to see the diagrams and pics again...
My alternator just passed on....so I'm going to upgrade to the Chrome 140 amp one. (Sweet!) So the lights will be next. I hate not seeing at night.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom