Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

had my 79 broken into and almost stolen....

widewhites

Corvette
F***!!!!

I had my vette stolen last night. The idiots apparently could not keep on long enough to drive it away. So they stole it and didn’t get far. Broke off my steering column, steering wheel, passenger side door lock and went though my tool box. As many of you know your car is like a part of the family, and I personally think the car knew it wasn’t me or my wife driving so it just didn’t want to go yet so i think it just died on them.

May these people get what they deserve when the time comes.

The one night I don't activate the cars kill switch.......

that's terrible!
they abandoned it? and they're still at large?

Sorry to hear the lousy news! That really sux. I hope they get caught & they have their hands chopped off.:r

Sorry to hear about your car, but kudos to the car for treating them like the scumbags they are.:(

my heart goes out to you...living my nightmare.....i hope they get their's soon.:r

That's terrible! I hope the best turnsout and the people get caught. It's a good thing that Vette feels so strongly about you and not the criminals. ;)

Will insurance pay for the damage? Or them if they're caught will have to, right?

Sorry to hear about this. :(

TR

Words can't describe how I feel about this kind of thing. :mad It's great to hear she's back home. When you find them I think about 15 minutes in a locked room with 15 CACC members would do the trick.

Carlo

Man does that suck. i hope they have to pay damages. that is why I am getting a $500 alarm on my baby. It will be active every time i leave her. God bless with the repairs too.

i know what you mean.....my brother had his car stolen and after they joyride they set it on fire, they didnt steal anything from the car not even the stereo...........insurance paid out pretty quick thou, state farm is good

advice??

Thanks guys. My wife is pretty bummed about it also.

The insurance adjuster looked at it and now the fun begins. They are offering me about $1500 for the damages. By the looks of it, the only sever damage was to the steering column collar, and the passenger side door lock.

I am thinking just get a used column $350-450. and repair the door lock.

Any suggestions or advice? Should I go get an estimate at a shop? I know it kind of sounds like I have already made up my mind, but I do need other points of view. Last time this happened to another car (Ford Cougar), they gave me more than the car was worth, so I had no problems with it then sold the car for what it WAS worth and ended up winning. This isn’t a Ford Cougar though.

Thanks

Any leads on steering columns for a 79?

Get a real estimate

From a local Vette shop....

From what I can tell
1) Steering column R&R
1) Side door lock assy R&R
1) Body work & paint to match( on the side they broke into)

I'll bet your estimate will be higher than $1500.00

Vig!

so I woke up to a nice day.
I come out to take my dog for a walk, walk around the car and see shattered window pieces on the ground, came around closer and see somebody broke into my eagle talon and they couldn't even properly take the radio out ( one night i leave my radio inside) so they just ripped it off ( it was a face-off) , not only that i had a nive mechanics set of tools in the back seat and they didnt take that either. Dumbasses.

Hope your day goes better.

q:beer

Sorry to hear about that Q. At least they didn't break into your vette. sounds like kids to me. and like you said... dumb ones at that.

HA HA HA HA HA!!!

Get the insurance adjusters estimate.

$850.00

I said forget it.

Austin Corvette Service is running an estimate on it. Showed him the damage. The guy smirked and said it going to take that much for the column repair. He then said the door skin was needing to be replaced, which makes sense because the area around the door lock has more damage than expeted.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom