Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Happy New Year!!

Mac

Administrator
Corvette
1973 coupe L82 (gone as casualty of divorce)
To be bluntly honest, 2014 sucked for me. While I don't want to wish my life away, I won't miss the past year. On the upside, I've resolved many of the strifes and trials in a generally positive way. I learned many lessons including a good few about myself and I hope I'm a wiser person as a result...

But I am really looking forward to 2015. The future is bright so explore it!!

Mac

finalch.png

Happy new year everybody....:happyanim::happyanim:
hope its a great one!!!!!:thumb

A happy and prosperous new year to all my friends here at CAC.

To be bluntly honest, 2014 sucked for me. While I don't want to wish my life away, I won't miss the past year. On the upside, I've resolved many of the strifes and trials in a generally positive way. I learned many lessons including a good few about myself and I hope I'm a wiser person as a result...

Mac

Mac, my daughter kinda feels the same way. 2014 was a year that she would rather have not happened. Stress from getting her Masters degree, having her identity compromised, and getting a divorce make
for a lousy time, so she's hoping for a better year this time around. But like you, she's finding out
more and more about herself and what's she's capable of, and it's helping to make her a stronger
and more determined person. So, especially for you and her (as well as everyone else) let me wish for
a brighter 2015, and one that's got more pluses than 2014 did. Happy New Year everyone!
Andy :w

Mac, my daughter kinda feels the same way. 2014 was a year that she would rather have not happened. Stress from getting her Masters degree, having her identity compromised, and getting a divorce make
for a lousy time, so she's hoping for a better year this time around. But like you, she's finding out
more and more about herself and what's she's capable of, and it's helping to make her a stronger
and more determined person. So, especially for you and her (as well as everyone else) let me wish for
a brighter 2015, and one that's got more pluses than 2014 did. Happy New Year everyone!

Well, they say things come in "threes," so I guess I'm the forum member who gets to round out an unhappy 2014...

The year started out innocuously for me, but turn very sour very quickly. My mother passed away in March, and it's been kind-of rough for me to deal with -- never having lost a parent before, and living far away from my family.

The next downer was when I was laid off from my job in August -- right before Corvettes at Carlisle. Fortunately, I've started a new one, but it's only a one-year contract position...

Then I learned (just over the Christmas holiday) that a one of my best friends (also a Corvette owner) has been diagnosed with a mild form of leukemia. Right now he's stable and the prognosis for him is good. But still...

So, I'm personally glad to see 2014 pass into history. And what a crummy year it was...

Here's hoping that everyone's 2015 is a good one...

Well, I'm sorry to say that 2015 seems to be picking up right where 2014 left off for me... Wound up in a minor traffic accident this morning. Long story short: I had someone make a sudden lane change right in front of me, and when I swerved to avoid him, I realized I'd become trapped between the proverbial rock and a hard place...

Apparently, Amateur #1 pulled in front of me because he was trying to go around Amateur #2 (a.k.a. Pokey McSlow) who was clogging up the left-hand lane -- to the tune of about 20-25 mph in the left-hand lane of a road that was posted 45 mph. I think I'm safe in assuming that Amateur #1 didn't bother to check the right-hand lane for oncoming traffic; he certainly never bothered to signal his intentions (he just darted over as I approached), and just funneled me over and behind Amateur #2 when I maneuvered to avoid his boneheaded lane change. I did what I could with the situation, braked as hard as I could, angled the truck back toward the right lane using whatever space was available, but just couldn't complete the avoidance tactic before clipping Amateur #2. Of course, Amateur #1 never bothered to stop to own up for the accident he'd just caused. Jag off... :mad

My Dad's (formerly my) '97 GMC Jimmy took the brunt of the damage, which seemed initially to be mostly cosmetic (a crumpled fender, busted plastic trim, and a shattered headlight assembly); and thankfully, nobody was hurt. But now the truck is leaking something; I suspect one of the cooling lines running along the front of the truck from either the power steering pump or the transmission was damaged in the accident. As nearly as it could be isolated (with the help of some kindly guys at the Valvoline oil change place, who helped me assess the damage and topped off the lost fluid for me free of charge), it looks like the power steering cooling line...

Glad to hear no-one got hurt, Tim. Cars get fixed or replaced. People aren't quite so easily dealt with, so to speak.

I heard last night from my parents that my father's older sister passed on. She's been ailing for a couple of years so it wasn't a shock. Still sad though.

Mac

Glad to hear no-one got hurt, Tim. Cars get fixed or replaced. People aren't quite so easily dealt with, so to speak...

No argument there. Still, it's stressing and aggravating; and from my perspective, it leaves me with a sense like it was something that shouldn't have happened because it was relatively easy to avoid -- if folks would simply pay more attention to what they're doing.

... I heard last night from my parents that my father's older sister passed on. She's been ailing for a couple of years so it wasn't a shock. Still sad though.

Very sorry to hear that, "Mac." Looks like we're both getting some ongoing woes...

No argument there. Still, it's stressing and aggravating; and from my perspective, it leaves me with a sense like it was something that shouldn't have happened because it was relatively easy to avoid -- if folks would simply pay more attention to what they're doing.
Agreed. It's been a few years since I worked traffic patrol but at that time, the most common primary cause of collisions was inattentive drivers. For the most part, not enough evidence for a ticket for negligent driving so it doesn't show up in stats. The next most common was driver errors; things like driving unsafely for the conditions, unsafe lane changes, unsafe turns at intersections. Those were usually good for a ticket or three. The third was driving while impaired either by alcohol, drugs or lack of sleep. Notice the absence of speed as a causing factor? Speed usually made things worse but it was rare that speed was the primary cause of a crash.

Very sorry to hear that, "Mac." Looks like we're both getting some ongoing woes...
Life happens and that won't change. The only thing we can change is how we deal with it. One of the lessons I learned last year was gratitude for what I have. Most of us are truly blessed and we don't realize as much.

As I said, my aunt's death wasn't a shock. I suspect her quality of life wasn't great as she was bedridden and no longer lucid. She's been that way for a couple of years at the least. I told my dad I would come to the funeral if he wanted me but I didn't see me traveling otherwise. He said he would rather see me during happier times.

Mac

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom