Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Hard Clutch

hdkeno

Corvette
2005 Victory Red coupe
Is it normal for our 81's with the 4 speed to have a little hard clutch pedal?

Maybe Im being paronoid (not the first time) but when im driving my 81 especially in stop light situations i can feel the clutch pedal pressure in my left foot,especially if i depress the clutch at a long red light.

The clutch is adjusted perfect 1-1.5 " free play at top,engages smooth, no chatter or slip.

I lubed all the linkage pivot points,as well as the cross shaft and put a little white lube at the clutch fork ball pivot.(by the way how often should you do this?),and is grease better.

Just want to get some feedback,whether this is normal or whatever and like i mentioned in a earlier post, and someone pointed out much earlier on, It is normal for late 70's early 80's vettes with our mechanical clutch to have a somewhat hard pedal.

Just need to get some feedback on this.

Later, Ken

:w Ken,

I have a 4-Speed and the clutch pedal is not hard at all. It was when I first got it back in '98. Coming down out of Yosemite into LeeVinning the clutch pedal stayed on the floor and no clutch :eek

The clutch ball from the engine for the linkage to the pedal snapped off. So, new ball and new clutch and the clutch is nice and soft, I prefer adjusted to about 2" off the floor ;) but the HARD Clutch pedal is gone. I really don't know what exactly changed except complete new clutch disc and plate, throw out bearing and new ball connector to the block.

Not much help ... but I sure do like the clutch better now and my left leg is back to looking normal ;LOL ;)

Bud

my pedal is not hard either. I like about an inch of freeplay in the pedal. This past winter I installed a new LUK clutch and the pedal has the same feel as before.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom