Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Has anyone paid sticker yet?

STICKER PRICE

Before I ordered and paid over sticker from another dealer, I visited a dealer by the name of Paramus Chevrolet, in Paramus, NJ and was told the cost would be MSRP; but delivery would not be untill the summer of 06. That was last November. I didn't want to wait that long and placed the order with a dealer that I have a good relationship with and has always treated me fair.
I got delivery on Jan. 19th. 06.
59-62USNVET

I've never known paramus to deliver at MSRP..

Good to hear you didn't wait for there offer..

I really would be surprised...as those guys are known to be MSRP plus and very rarely the best deal in Vettes no matter where in the country.

I've been around this dealership for years and just never heard they offered the best pricing....in fact its a joke around northern NJ that they are not even close...

PABLUM?

PSEUDOMIND:
I'll have you know it's "PASSION PINK" and is only available to a very special
select clientele.
59-62USNVET

NOT MY FAVORITE DEALER

JBsC5
I agree with you in all respects. When I brought my 90 Callaway in there for
some minor service and an oil change they were told to put Mobil 1 (I think it was 5-50) After picking up the car I checked with the parts dept. there and was told they don't carry the 5-50. They put in a std. weight. The service rep. got caught in a lie. I had the correct oil put in elsewhere and never went back for service. That's what you get for trusting some people.
59-62USNVET

Passion Pink?
Isn't that the one that Kerbeck painted for their salesperson named Vicki?

"PASSION PINK"

WISHUWEREHERE82:

Not aware of it.

59-62USNVWET

Aha

So it is a nice color ;) :L , besides the 'Ahem, "passion Pink."

94 conv:

Actually the color is "PASSION PINK" a unique special request only for a select Chevrolet Corvette clientele. Wha, youse gotta problem whitit?

No, calm down guys. The true story is that on the second day af ownership
and with the odometer reading a paltry 9 miles, I took a few very high
resolution pics and sent them to my son. In his unique distorted sense of
humor (I don't know who he got that from) he sent it back to me and changed
it from Velocity Yellow to Passion Pink. Everyone that has seen it has taken
it serious or totally just cracked up laughing; with one asking if I got the
"Velvet Seat Option". So I decided for now to use it as my avatar untill the
queries and novelty wears off.

59-62USNVET

So the answer is Velocity Yellow!
That must be quite an amusing son that you have.

AMUSING?

MsSchroder:
So my son, after reading your post and recalling the famous phrase in the movie "Goodfellas" uttered by Mr. Joe Pesci: "I amuse you? do you think I am funny? had to control himself and chose to use the power of his magic paintbrush in order to vent. Watch out for the color of your avatar as he has experience changing yellow Corvettes. Amazing is that Photoshop!!!!

If anyone out there wants a paint job just let me know. He works cheap.

59-62USNVET

59-62USNVET said:
MsSchroder:
So my son, after reading your post and recalling the famous phrase in the movie "Goodfellas" uttered by Mr. Joe Pesci: "I amuse you? do you think I am funny? had to control himself and chose to use the power of his magic paintbrush in order to vent. Watch out for the color of your avatar as he has experience changing yellow Corvettes. Amazing is that Photoshop!!!!

If anyone out there wants a paint job just let me know. He works cheap.

59-62USNVET
;LOL. I can send him a hi-res photo if it will make things easier ;)
By "amusing" I actually meant to say: quite a sense of twisted humor. I like that :D

Tammy

I know for a fact that a lot of dealerships are giving Corvette owners a lot of trouble in the servicing department!!! Too bad G.M. doesn't do something about it. I , for one, am fed up with all of their "crap" ! You pay big money for a Vette and they can't even do an oil change properly!!!! Dealerships only have customer surveys sent to you if you've had a good experience with them.

Bad dealership experience

bling vette said:
I know for a fact that a lot of dealerships are giving Corvette owners a lot of trouble in the servicing department!!! Too bad G.M. doesn't do something about it. I , for one, am fed up with all of their "crap" ! You pay big money for a Vette and they can't even do an oil change properly!!!! Dealerships only have customer surveys sent to you if you've had a good experience with them. Anybody had any dealings with other dealerships???

DEALERSHIPS

People tend to relate their bad experiences as they tend to be memorable.
I have bought my last two Vets at Crane Chevrolet in Clifton, NJ. Even though I paid over MSRP for the 06 Z06, I am satisfied with both sales and service staff. When I had my 90 Callaway they were happy to service it. I had bought the car in Boston. Paramus Chevrolet which at that time was known as Konner's Chevrolet wouldn't touch it. Previously I had bought two other brand new Vets from Konner's. Evidently past loyalty meant zip to them.

59-62USNVET

It is sad. I bought 5 Vettes from the local Chevy dealer Fairway here in Las Vegas. When I went to buy the C6 they didn't care. Take it or leave at $12K over MSRP. Found a great deal from a CAC dealer and couldn't be happier. Got treated better than I have ever been treated by a dealership before. I will be back to them for my next one. Bob McDorman Chevy ROCKS.

I've heard a lot of good comments about Mc Dormand !!!Dealerships like that are few and far between!!!!

jims427400 said:
Just curious,has anyone gotten a good deal on a new 2006 Z06 yet??

Yes, I got my car on Jan 17th. Purchased from Kerbeck's salesman Harry Boyer for MSRP exactly. Unfortunately, Harry told me since then that the management has decided to charge an additional premium for their Z06 sales.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom