Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Has anyone used the Foam Master Foam Gun??

Ron222

Corvette
2004 Spiral Gray Convertible
Has anyone used the Foam Master foam gun for washing your vette??
I'm thinking about purchasing one and would just like some feed back before I do. It looks to me like it would work really well...but, having never used one I don't know. Appreciate your comments.. Thanks

Ron,
Is this what you're describing?
everythingautomotive_1915_4518565

(LINK)

I have to confess, before you mentioned it, I'd never heard of a Foam Master foam gun, so I don't know if I can answer your question. I use Zaino car wash, and I've never had any complaints. Perhaps some of our other members may have some experience with this...

And welcome to the Corvette Action Center!
:w

-Patrick

I still prefer good old soap and water and knowing it's clean.
Washing it by hand doesn't take that long. With the sprayer you might save 3-4 min and most likely still finish by washing sections by hand and you still have to dry it off anyway. It seems that no matter how many gadgets they come up with nothing beats doing it yourself.....just my .02

:beer :w

Foam Master

Ron,
Is this what you're describing?
everythingautomotive_1915_4518565

(LINK)

I have to confess, before you mentioned it, I'd never heard of a Foam Master foam gun, so I don't know if I can answer your question. I use Zaino car wash, and I've never had any complaints. Perhaps some of our other members may have some experience with this...

And welcome to the Corvette Action Center!
:w

-Patrick

Yeah Patrick...that's the one I'm talking about. Wolfgang, Foam master, they all operate the same way. They do lay down an amazing amout of foam and you can use the washing solution of your choice. I use Zaino as well but I'm thinking that it might be better applying it with the gun rather than a bucket and a sponge. I don't know...but I think I'm going to try one. I'll let everyone know how it works and whether or not it was worth the money.

Thanks for your input

Your Zaino soap will not work very well in the foam gun. AG has a special soap that they sell for the foam gun or use Duragloss soap it is next best for the gun. Other soap can be used but it won't make the foam like the one made for it.

Being in the cleaning business for many years(apartments-not cars) and also an owner of an '04 z06 CE (that came from the dealer with swirls - at no charge extra), my take on the foam is that it helps lift grit and grime off the car as the foam disolves and it creates a layer of protection between your wash mitt and the paint. If you let is sit for a minute before removing, it can do its job a little better. There are foam cleaning products for many types of jobs that use this principle.

If you really want to get serious, foam the car, let it sit for a few minutes, rinse it, foam it again and then use a wash mitt.

I've also read a couple of posts on the board that single out washing as the main source of swirls. Putting a cover on an unwashed car probably adds many micro-scratches as well.

In addition to letting the rinse water cascade over the car, I also do the same when begining a wash. There's no need to drive the micro-grit and grime into the paint any more than necessary.

Another thing I do is to use three wash mitts. I never use a rinsed mitt as the fibers may contain micro-grit that is missed during a rinse. I rinse them all after and then wash them. Mitts are cheap.

If you don't have a blower to dry your ride with, check out the 225mph Toro Ultra Blower Vac , Model 51598, Price: $74.99/ea at H.D.
I found a 185mph Homelite model for $30 at H.D. that works very well. I leave off the end section of the blower tube to get more air dispersion.

A product that I use on metal, chrome, aluminum, plastic, vinyl, glass and light colored paint to remove light scratches/marring is Gel-Gloss. If you polish your windows with it, they will be so smooth that water will sheet off and you won't need your wipers. If you do use your wipers, they glide across the glass. Gel-gloss also has many uses around the house. It can be cut with water to create an ultra-fine cleaning solution. Try a small area first with very gentle application.

Also very helpful during a quick detailing is the California Mini-Duster. I use it to remove brake dust from my rims. If you use it for your rims, don't use it for anything else. I've used my current mini-duster for about a year now. It's time to get a new one. If the rims are not too dirty, it gets most of it off in a couple of minutes. I remove the rest with soft towel. Anything left over use an Armour All Leather cleaner wipes. It suspends the dust and then I use an old t-shirt to remove the rest. I don't know why it works, but it does. All this is done w/o water and just a few minutes per rim.

If you keep a Swifter Dusting cloth on hand for your interior, you can do a quick detail of your dash and everything else in a few minutes. In a pinch, they will also remove light brake dust. Once the Swifter cloth is full of dust (except brake dust), throw them if with your wash and you can get a few more uses out of them.

Note: I have no financial interest in the products mentioned and as always, use them at your own risk.

I don't know how long the sale will last but I was in LOWE'S a few days ago and they had that toro blower for $54.00 regular price $79.95

Yeah Patrick...that's the one I'm talking about. Wolfgang, Foam master, they all operate the same way. They do lay down an amazing amout of foam and you can use the washing solution of your choice. I use Zaino as well but I'm thinking that it might be better applying it with the gun rather than a bucket and a sponge. I don't know...but I think I'm going to try one. I'll let everyone know how it works and whether or not it was worth the money.

Thanks for your input

I would recommend covering the vehicle in foam *and* using a bucket also (two actually).

Your Zaino soap will not work very well in the foam gun.

This is not correct. It works very nicely in the foam gun.

Thanks for your input

Purchased the foam gun about 2 months ago...definitely worth my investment.
I

Thanks for your input

Purchased the foam gun about 2 months ago...definitely worth my investment.
I bought it through Pinnacle Car Care Products. ($59.99, comes with 2 ounces of free DP wash and a quick disconnect for your hose. www.Pinnaclewax.com) Its the same as the wolfgang foam master gun and boy does it lay down the foam. I used the free sample that came with it, DP Extreme and have since used my old favorite Meguiars Gold Car wash/conditioner works just as well, lays down just as much foam. I put about 6 ounces of water, give or take, in the bottle, add about 4 ounces of wash, shake it up, attach the hose and spray away....it looks like a snow storm. I do the whole car, let it set for a few minutes, then spray a section at a time and wash it with my mit, rinse the mit and move on to the next section, then rinse the entire vehicle. It does a great job! Now that I've got one I wouldn't be without it. Try it you'll like it.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom