Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Has NCRS changed it's position on base coat/clear coat?

SolidLifters

Corvette
59 60 62 63,63,63 65 67,67 69,69,69,69,69 70
I was watchin' Barrett Jackson live in Scottsdale yesterday and one of the on air bablers (yeah, the same guy that was talking about seeing the build sheet on a 63 Fuelie roadster to see if the car was authentic:eyerole) made the comment on one of the midyears that NCRS no longer deducts for base coat clear coat paint. I've long thought it was an extreme deduction anyway, since all the laquer that's available now is without lead, making it unlike the original stuff and basically unfit for any extended life expectation, but ANYWAY, I'm havin' a hard time believing that the powers that be at NCRS would relent and allow full originality and condition points for BC/CC based on the last comments I heard on it several years ago.

Well, BJ got it wrong again. Big surprise. ;LOL

Paint is judged no differently than any other detail- purely what it APPEARS to be to the given pair of judges on that day. If the finish looks typical of 'factory', there's no deduct. The paint type actually used, whether it be BC/CC, enamel, water colour, hot steaming dog t*rds or lacquer, is irrelevant.

As always glossed over by BJ, the NCRS Flight Judging process makes no attempt to authenticate or certify any Corvette.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom