Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Hatch Ajar Switch

Baldie88

Corvette
2016 triple black vert.
Anyone have any issues with the hatch ajar switch? I did a search and didn't find much information. My switch suddenly doesn't seem to be working. Light on the DIC showing "hatch ajar" is lit and the lights in the hatch stay on all the time. I'm tired of pulling the fuse for the courtesy lights to keep from running down the battery. Looking at most of the regular suppliers it doesn't look like the part is still available.

Any help would be appreciated. I plan on tearing into the hatch area in the next few days to see if I can figure it out.

Thanks,

Ron
"Baldie88"

Last edited:
Doing further research it appears my problem was related to my recently purchased Vent Master. It looks like sometimes the plunger for the Vent Master pushes the hatch ajar switch down too far so that when it is removed the regular pin on the hatch doesn't push the plunger down far enough to turn off the light.

After getting access to the hatch latch area I got the hatch ajar plunger back where it should be and that fixed the problem. I found the Vent Master has a screw to adjust the depth that the plunger goes down so I've adjusted that so I hopefully will have no further problems.

Ron
"Baldie88"

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom