Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Hatch back

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

billagroom

I wonder if Eckler's still has this kit.
:eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek
:W:

:L Where in the heck do you come up with these things? Between you and Jay with the Florida cars... :eyerole :L

Ken

Billagroom, Why, do you need a pick-up? You can borrow mine if it will save a Vette:s ...........Steve

I would never do that to a Vette! I just found that wackey old pic on the net it said Eckler did alot of experiments om Vettes at that time. Here is the other one where he put on a Datsun hatch.

Vette SUV

I saw that car/suv (Eklers) at Mad Am funfest one year, orr Bloomington,I can't remember where, but it really did look pretty good(for what it was). I mean the job was done well. Besides, I liked the color:Roll ..............Steve

Sportwagon

In the '70s there were a lot of these sportwagon conversions around. By that I mean you would see one often enough to not surprise you. As a matter of fact there was one over by where I work in a front yard all last summer on a '73. There were also several fastback and hatchback conversions available. All that seemed to dry up with the intro of the '78 body and a hinge kit to allow the rear glass to be opened. That kit was used later by GM on the '82 Collector's Edition. Got to remember that this was in the time of the van craze.

Tom

Hey Guys. the car is from a movie called " Corvette Summer " starring Mark Hamel {before he became Luke Sky Walker} and Annie Potts. Mike Yeager of Mid-America has the car in his collection. The movie is worth seeing if your a true corvette lover. This movie is one of many things that got me hooked on Corvettes.

Hey 75Corvette, I also have a copy of the movie -doesn't everyone??. I would probably go thru the same thing that Mark Hammil did in the movie if something happened like that to Vette

ZAL81

Greenwood Wagon

If you want to see the original Corvette Wagon check out the link below, it's the original prototype formerly owned by John Greenwood. Mike Guyette formerly of Shark Quarterly magazine owns it now and I believe it's for sale now. Mike also owns the Greenwood Turbo listed on this page. (see links at bottom of page)

http://www.sharkwerkes.com/sharktank/techinfo/techinfo.html

Sure glad GM didn't go for that when it came to Destiny and her brothers and sisters. :eek

1981 Corvette hatch back

We have a 1981 Corvette that has a hatch back on it and it does not appear to be an add on. I is perfectly mold with on attachments molding in. I can not find any fibreglass repair mends anywhere. I was told that before St. Louis stopped production it was experimenting with a few of the hatch back prior to the 1982 production , any help would be greatly appreciated.:w

1981 Corvette Hatch Back

We have a 1981 Corvette that has a hatch back on it and it does not appear to be an add on. I is perfectly mold with on attachments molding in. I can not find any fibreglass repair mends anywhere. I was told that before St. Louis stopped production it was experimenting with a few of the hatch back prior to the 1982 production , any help would be greatly appreciated.:w

I think it is time to shut this thread..

First response in 11 years... and the same question is asked in at least 2 or 3 other recent forums here... This is more informational esp. if read, no need for continued response's..

Bud Dougherty
Forums Administrator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom