Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Hatch Louvers on C4

GO_VETTE

Corvette
1984 Pearl White Coupe
Okay, I must admit I always wanted louvers on my first Camaro Z28.
I had a hard time finding it.
Just as I am w/ the hatch louvers for the Corvette.
If anyone knows, where I can get em, please let me know.
preference are ABS or Fiberglass. No aluminums.
And I cant find em......I am gonna have to make em..;)

My Photos Photo Gallery - Photo 210 of 210 by NY - MySpace Photos

I have never seen louvers on a C4 Vette!

I guess you are going to have to make them!:L

I have a friend with a 91 that has them and they do look pretty good. I considered it for mine when I got it but had trouble finding who made them, and too much other stuff I wanted to spend $$ on anyways, so I let the idea go.

never give up.

Not really. I am not giving up. I was a US Artillery Army officer. what can be harder than manual gunnery (manual mathematical computations) to determine range and defelection and fire accurately?

I will not s.s.s..s-simply make em. I will e.e.e.e.e.e.e.-Enhance em.
Louvers that can open and close like blinds.
open on cloudy days or evenings,
and on those sunny bright hot days, close em up
This also prevents me from tinting rear hatch.
I just need to create a blue print, which take weight considerations for extra hardware into account.

Wow, you're really going for something fancy then, the ones I know of don't open and close, they're just fixed at a slight angle so they block sun coming down but looking out from the car through them you can see through just fine. The also overlap enough to the point that someone standing next to the car can not look down into the hatch area through them and see the hatch area.

Artillery huh? Cool, I spent six years as FDC, still occasionally miss the days of yelling "fire mission!" and watching the gun bunnies start hopping!

;LOL;LOL;LOL;LOL;LOL;LOL
Fire mission! :eek:hnoes
shit BUCCS is down!:W
where is the RDP?:upthumbs
UHHHHHHHHH:eek:hnoes
get me a green bag...
Sir here is your lipton tea bag.....
Psyche yah Sir!:boogie:boogie

Colonel
thats my battery................................;squint:

Darn it I just spent the last 15 minutes looking for the pics of the louvers and cant find them! I'll look later. They were made by crager.

;LOL;LOL;LOL;LOL;LOL;LOL
Fire mission! :eek:hnoes
shit BUCCS is down!:W
where is the RDP?:upthumbs
UHHHHHHHHH:eek:hnoes
get me a green bag...
Sir here is your lipton tea bag.....
Psyche yah Sir!:boogie:boogie

Colonel
thats my battery................................;squint:

Yeah, those Back Up Crappy Computer Systems, I've hated HP ever since! :L I'd be lost doing it now but I used to be able to get gun data way quicker just using the slides manually. I was with a towed unit and worked out of a hummer, loved it when we got the PC's mounted in the back of them, I was given it pretty much and the guys with the bucs were soooo lost trying to keep up with what I could do. FDC was kind of split in a friendly competition way in that there were a few guys that thought bucs was the greatest thing in the world vs a couple of us that hated them. Our louey didn't mind because as long as we kept everything firing checked inside of safety it was like two different FDC's almost and we'd be pushing each other to work harder just due to natural competitive nature. So many fun memories still left from doing that...
Picking up the range control radio handset to try to talk to the hill (or call fire mission...doh!)
Watching our Louey call check fire because he thought we were wayyy out of safe...he had his own copies and was looking at the ones from our last location...Doh!!
The hill calling in a mission that there were psycho rubber duckies in the open, our radio man got a funny look on his face and wasn't sure what to respond with, so I grabbed the handset from him and responded telling the hill there would be super mega waterballoons in effect.

Definitely had some good'ole days. :beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom