Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Hatch Pull Down for Coupe?

Tom2000V

Corvette
2015 Coupe, Auto, Torch Red, Red interior, 2LT
I believe the 2015 C-7 Coupe does not have a hatch pull down. I also believe the 2016 does. I think I read an article that the 2015, and maybe the 2014, have a different technology to relieve cabin air pressure when closing the hatch. That makes it easier to close the hatch. Can't remember details. Can anyone shed any light on this? Thanks! Tom

I believe the 2015 C-7 Coupe does not have a hatch pull down. I also believe the 2016 does. I think I read an article that the 2015, and maybe the 2014, have a different technology to relieve cabin air pressure when closing the hatch. That makes it easier to close the hatch. Can't remember details. Can anyone shed any light on this? Thanks! Tom

Yes, according to Larry Edsalls book, "The Seventh Generation of America's Sports Car, Corvette Stingray," he states that (pg.70), "the new 2014 Chevrolet Corvette uses a lightweight heat-activated shape memory alloy wire in place of a heavier motorized part to open a vent that allows the trunk lid to close more easily."

It's ironic that I happened upon your question as I just started reading the book today and learned about the trunk hatch solution........
Chris

Pull Down For Hatch, C-7

Yes, according to Larry Edsalls book, "The Seventh Generation of America's Sports Car, Corvette Stingray," he states that (pg.70), "the new 2014 Chevrolet Corvette uses a lightweight heat-activated shape memory alloy wire in place of a heavier motorized part to open a vent that allows the trunk lid to close more easily."

It's ironic that I happened upon your question as I just started reading the book today and learned about the trunk hatch solution........
Chris
Thanks! For Fathers' Day my daughter and son-in law gave me that book....and a Corvette t-shirt. I read it cover to cover. Very interesting! Thanks again. Tom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom