Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Hatch Vent

RonnieH

Corvette
2012 Crystal Red Metallic
Has anyone recently purchased a vent for the rear hatch. For some reason, the ones for the Coupe are almost impossible to find. They are readily available for the ZO6 and convertible, but not the Coupe. I have checked with most of the popular jobbers, ie. Mid-America, Ecklers and West Coast Corvettes. At Mid-America, they told me the vendor who supplied them had gone out of business. I never had trouble getting one for my C4's and C5's. If you know of someone, please let me know.

Thanks

Thanks very much for the link. I had called Zip early on during my search. They indeed carried them, but were out of stock and not sure when/if they would be getting any more. They are located not too far from me. I have to go to Richmond next week, so I'll call before I go to see if they have them. When I go to Zip, I can always find plenty of other things to buy, so it won't be a wasted trip - just an expensive one!!

Thanks again for the reply.

Ventmaster has gone out of business.

Corvette parts vendors have just about exhausted their stock.

I called Zip the other day and had them check stock. The answer was three left. Yesterday I ordered one so they should have two left. After that, no more Ventmaster.

Found One

Ventmaster has gone out of business.

Corvette parts vendors have just about exhausted their stock.

I called Zip the other day and had them check stock. The answer was three left. Yesterday I ordered one so they should have two left. After that, no more Ventmaster.

Hib,

Thanks very much for your help. I found one last week. I was at a local shop that primarily works on Vettes. They had one on a shelf they had for years. After blowing the dust off the pkg., it was exactly what I needed. It was a Ventmaster vent mechanism. I used them on my previous C4's and C5's. Other than getting used to your rear hatch propped open a couple of inches, they have worked well.

If anybody needs one, I also have one for a C5 still in its packaging.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom