Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Have You Hugged Yor MSD Tach Drive Distributor Today..????

Viet Nam Vett

Corvette
65 BB 502 Cp /MSD ATOMIC EFI/ 2009-HUMMER H2
Just got done doing a little under hood maintenance on the 502. I wrote my self a reminder note to grease the "Zerk" on the side of my MSD Tach Drive distb. This keeps the tach drive gear set alive.

So...all of you MSD Tach Drive owners....don't forget to grease her up....:naughty:

Just got done doing a little under hood maintenance on the 502. I wrote my self a reminder note to grease the "Zerk" on the side of my MSD Tach Drive distb. This keeps the tach drive gear set alive.

So...all of you MSD Tach Drive owners....don't forget to grease her up....:naughty:

And only one small pump. I greased mine regularly and when I took the distributor cap off the thing was packed full of grease inside. I was suprised it would even run with a half of cup of grease inside the cap above the plate

Good idea, VNV.

BTW, you have mail.

And only one small pump. I greased mine regularly and when I took the distributor cap off the thing was packed full of grease inside. I was suprised it would even run with a half of cup of grease inside the cap above the plate

Dam...Half of cup of Grease..???? Well...your lubed for the next 20 Years..:D

is the MSD the same size as the origional or is it a "Big Cap" like the HEI? I plan on going with a Holley Stealth ram on the 68 and it requires a "Small Cap" distributor to clear the runners.

is the MSD the same size as the origional or is it a "Big Cap" like the HEI? I plan on going with a Holley Stealth ram on the 68 and it requires a "Small Cap" distributor to clear the runners.

The MSD Tach drive is a small cap tach drive distb. Should fit fine.
WTF is the Stealth Ram...FI unit..???

back atcha'

I have been using my MSD tach drive distributor for about a year and a half and it is great. I had an HEI on the old motor and it was just too big. Thiss small MSD is great and has been trouble free. I went with the 6AL box and have not had any problems at all.

Naw everybodys got a big block anymore I'll stick with my little mouse motors

Wrong oh Tatooed Cigar Man... Mo SB's out their then Rat motors. Start a poll and you'll see.

Full Max Torque is what we crave...Especially in the 3 Grand range. That's where you feel good.:D

I guess I could hunt up a 400 block and build a 415 or 427, but I already have all the parts for a new 383. I will probably go with a more modern set of heads to get the newer style combustion chamber, my Brodix heads are kinda dated ;) the 383 has enough torque for an ole fart like me.

the 383 has enough torque for an ole fart like me.

No such thing as enough...!!! As the Clint Eastwood Movie Title goes..."For A Few Dollars More"... you could own a BB and really enjoy life.

Putting money out for a $2500 EFI unit to gain a slight bit more HP and Tuneability...no makey sense to me. Not to mention fuel return lines..new gas tank with a return fitting.. Electric High Pressure fuel pump ..etc. All way to much work for me for the return on performance for the buck.

Now spending money on a BB GMPP motor in one of several different configurations ...(You Build It) Or turn key makes more sense. Now at least you have a BB with Torque that you can add parts to that will make your pee pee so hard that a Pit Bull would chip a tooth on.:L

Or Do one of the Shafiroff Motors.....

Check this out....Select "Ultra Street Engines"...

There are some hot SB's as well as BB's the Motor Gerry has is the 540 and is shown their..
http://www.shafiroff.com/default.asp

Thanks for the reminder Mark. I would've added something else but decorum prevents me:cool

Best regards,
Gerry

Thanks for the reminder Mark. I would've added something else but decorum prevents me:cool

Best regards,
Gerry

That's why the smiley is doing the eye brow thing:naughty:

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom