Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Head gasket in....but.....

kcrick

Corvette
94 LT1 Coupe White/gray
Just came home from the shop...they got the head gasket in and it's running, but it's missing on at least one cylinder. I felt so sorry for my mechanic because just before I got there someone had just chewed him out about something. It's still throwing the sys light and the odo err. His machine said the sys light was a secondary ABS system and the CCM codes were rear defroster circuit and something like fuel enable circuit fault. As I was standing there with him I was going through the things I learned on this site...air, fuel, spark. He checked the injectors and the wires and they checked out. He said that each individual injector checked out and that there was sufficient fuel pressure. He's thinking maybe he got a bad plug. They were AC/Delco platinum from O'Reileys. He said sometimes it misses worse than others. They also replaced the cats today. Any ideas?

Wanted to let everyone know that the problem was the #2 and #8 spark plug wires were crossed!! Runs like a big dog now!!

Wanted to let everyone know that the problem was the #2 and #8 spark plug wires were crossed!! Runs like a big dog now!!

Sometimes it's the simple things that give us the problems;shrugGlad you got it figured out and everything is good:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom