Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Head Light Door Motor

L

Louis Bartay

I posted this on the LT4, but I need Help.
My passenger Headlight door motor stays running for a few seconds after I turn the Headlights off or on.?? The motor runs smooth and no bad noise, it just runs after the door is up or down and the drivers works like it should.
96 LT4 Coupe anyone else have this happen??

Louis, I'm woking on the same problem. Search for posts by Blu Byu or headlights. It has several places to get the parts you need. I could not find the Home Depot bushing after several attempts. Maybe you will have better luck. This forum is the best I've seen for help, so your at the right place.

Good Luck

Louis, I'm woking on the same problem. Search for posts by Blu Byu or headlights. It has several places to get the parts you need. I could not find the Home Depot bushing after several attempts. Maybe you will have better luck. This forum is the best I've seen for help, so your at the right place.

Good Luck

Thanks, Duh I looked at the threads and looked at my Mid America catalog
part#601-703 $7.99 for the bushings. One of the members said the Home Depot bushings were not a perfect size and later on they will fail. Calling MA tomorrow.

Corvette America has the Nylon gear for $25.00 88-96 part#44682

Mid America did not have the Nylon gear in their catalog? They had a repair kit for $59.00 with a Bronze gear and bushings for one side. 88-96 part# 601-701. I saw nylon gers for all the other C4 but the 88-96??

I am replacing the Delrin Bushings and hope I do not need a gear as my doors raise up and down with no noise, they just keep spinning for a few seconds (passenger side only, for now) I will post the results. Let me know how your goes.

The bushings should be all you need to do. My headlamps whirred on like yours for several years before starting to fail to open reliably. After replacing the bushings everything is A OK. I found the left and right side to be slightly different to do. There are many articles on the forum with good illustrations as to how to do it. Good Luck !

The bushings should be all you need to do. My headlamps whirred on like yours for several years before starting to fail to open reliably. After replacing the bushings everything is A OK. I found the left and right side to be slightly different to do. There are many articles on the forum with good illustrations as to how to do it. Good Luck !

So far the only illustrations I found were for replacing the gears on the early model C4. I used head light door bushings in the search and only one link. Any instructions would be a help.
Thanks
Louis

I think this link will help you. Let's see if I can copy it correctly.
Make Your C4 See Well
That looks OK. Check it out. I used another link I'll see if I can find that too.

I found the images I used. I couldn't locate the link, however. I'll take a shot at emailing you the images (20) and master html. I'll need your email to do that. I don't think a PM for that will work on CAC.

I found the images I used. I couldn't locate the link, however. I'll take a shot at emailing you the images (20) and master html. I'll need your email to do that. I don't think a PM for that will work on CAC.

Thanks Tony
Check your email.
Regards
Louis

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom