Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

News: Head light motor rebuild

sincro

Corvette
1965 coupe, and a 2001 coupe
I have been dreading the job of rebuilding my head light motors in my 65 Coupe. It was a rainy and blustery day down here on the bayou so I decided to go ahead and tackle this task. I spent about 15 minutes removing the motors after I removed the hood. Then I spent about 30 minutes cleaning both of them inside and out. The reassembly was a snap due to a couple of how to articles posted on this site. Overall, it took just a little over 1 hour to remove, rebuild and reinstall both headlight motors. Thanks for the help and the great articles.:beer

Where'd you find that article? I only found one "how-to" article for C2's on this site, and that was on installing disk brake rotor bearings.

Headlight motor rebuild

Where'd you find that article? I only found one "how-to" article for C2's on this site, and that was on installing disk brake rotor bearings.

Look at this site Headlamp Motor Rebuild | Corvette Magazine is one. There is another article that is a .pdf format that was posted here but I don't know how to add it to this reply. The job is really easy. You will spent more time cleaning parts than actually rebuilding the motors. I bought the parts from Corvette Parts - Restoration and Performance - Zip Corvette Good luck:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom