Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Head Light Problems

AlMainer

Corvette
1989 White C-4 convertible & 1995 C-4 Blue Coupe
I have a recently purchased 1995 C4 that I bought from a private individual here in N.C. I was getting ready to make an evening drive with it Friday night when I came upon a reasonable concern that my headlight actuators weren't in sync with each other. When I turned on the headlights, the right side (Passenger side) came up popped up and glowed like it was supposed to, but the left side (Driver's side) come on and glowed, but didn't pop up at all.. I turned the headlights off and all of a sudden, the left side popped up with no glow from the light. Tried it several times afterwards and it was a "pop eye" with only the right one lit up like it is supposed to be. I checked under the hood and found that a new actuator had recently been installed because of some black tape and butt end connectors on the wires. I suppose the previous owner never drove it after dark or was just dumbfounded by the problem.

My question on all of this is, If I reverse the wires going to the actuator on the left side, will that put the actuator back in sync with what it's supposed to do without any worry of burning up the motor or doing any damage to the gears? I'm thinking that either the wrong actuator has been installed or it's just wired up backwards. Any help on this will be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading and have a great day.

It will just be wired up in reverse. Swap the wires around and that should fix it. If not turn the lights on and that should bring them into sync.

It will just be wired up in reverse. Swap the wires around and that should fix it. If not turn the lights on and that should bring them into sync.

Thank you very much for the reply. I switched the wires, green with grey and now they work just like they are supposed to. Thanks again. Happy Vette owner again now as I can drive it after dark:happyanim:

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom