Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Header Completion Kit

91mongoose

Corvette
1991 Black ZR-1
While installing my stainless works headers last weekend I noticed a couple of things that would be nice to have for installation - namely extension cords for the O2 sensors and a dipstick tube that could be anchored at the top with a bolt that was installable with the headers.

Off to pepboy's I went to purchase the materials to make extension cords for the O2 sensors. I wanted to make them with O.E. style weatherpak connectors so that the car could be returned to stock easily and new O2 sensors could be installed without modifications when the time came. Much to my surprise
the bill totaled over $63!!!

Then I went to work on the dipstick tube. The raw material for this was pretty cheap, but to make one you need a tubing bender and a welder, not so cheap. Fortunately I have both.

So I decided to procure the materials in bulk and make up a few sets to sell to those ZR1ers who are in the same boat as I.

So here's the deal - I have seven sets of O2 extension cables and seven dip stick tubes. The O2 cables look factory and come with wire ties and stainless steel clamps to make routing easy. The dip stick tubes are hand bent so they are not perfectly smooth like the stock tubes, but they are pretty close; close enough that once they are installed there is no way you'll be able to tell a difference. They are modified to use the top-front bolt on the #4 exhaust port for mounting instead of the top-rear bolt on the #2 exhaust port.

Pricing is $55 for the harnesses, $45 for the dipstick tube; or $90 for both. Shipping is extra. I take paypal or check, a check will delay shipping 7 days for the check to clear.

I don't have pictures yet, I want to get some of the parts installed on the car. They (pictures) will be available by the end of the weekend.

If you're interested send an email to andy@denslow.net and I'll put you on the list. (Or you can post here)

If I get more than 7 orders I can get more stuff but it will take a couple of weeks.

Do you still have any of the complete kits? I am thinking about SS headers for my 90, this sounds like a great solution to a problem.

Thanks...Randy

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom