Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Header Sidepipes

F

fasterthanu

I am taking my corvette to the track tomorrow. I have the Hooker header/sidepipes. I am going to run a few runs with them on, and then remove the inserts for a few more runs. How do I get the inserts out? Or shall I just run with the sidepipes off completely? Won't that burn the paint on the door?

Depends what kind of muffler/inserts you have. If you have the hooker mufflers good luck getting those POS's out, mine rusted to the inside of the tubes and took 3 days of pounding to get out. If you have Car Chemistry inserts I believe most people tack weld them in. If you have these then removal is easy....I highly recommend them. If you want to hear what they sound like let me know.

I would leave the side tubes on for the run down the strip, either way it's going to be loud. :D

Yes, please, would love to hear them. What hp are you putting out of your 383?

Here's a link to my sound and video page, the third one down is sound only and is OK but I plan on getting some better ones in a couple weeks. Sound & Video

Not sure on HP, and I've gotten varying results with desktop dyno so the only way I'm going to know for sure is to put it on a real dyno. I do know that sitting at idle the whole car shakes and it makes plenty of power for the street, I just need fatter tires so it doesn't go sideways all the time :D

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom