Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Headers

PAULIE B

Corvette
2007 sliver, 02 sold ,87 sold
Thinking of putting Headers on my 02. American Racing Headers. Anybody have any input on it?? LMK

Thanks.
Paul

:thumb ARH seem to be the product of choice, high quality and great fit! Make sure to have a competent tune done to make use of the new found flow. What do you plan on using for downstream silencing?? Many use the Ti systems from late C5 Z06s!!!

Good luck with your project.

:thumb ARH seem to be the product of choice, high quality and great fit! Make sure to have a competent tune done to make use of the new found flow. What do you plan on using for downstream silencing?? Many use the Ti systems from late C5 Z06s!!!

Good luck with your project.

What do u mean Ti systems? Headers with cats. Staying with my stock exaust and have it tuned.

(still learning language and tech).

Thanks

There was an excellent comparison between headers at another Forum. They compared ARH, Kooks and Pfadt on the same car and dyno. The ARH delivered a little more power to the rear tires than the others. Between ARH and Kooks, the difference is less than 3-4 RWHP and a few pounds of RWTQ. Nothing to write home about unless one is bench racing online.. ;)

Independent header testing- ARH Longtubes/Pfadt Tri Y/Kooks Longtubes- Results Inside - Corvette Forum

Another item the dyno showed was there isn't a difference between no CATs and aftermarket high flow CATs. However, as the bungs or where the sensors are located is further from where GM's where; the exhaust is cooler so you will throw a light.

PS:
I wasn't going to post the link; so please remove it if it is against the rules.

What do u mean Ti systems? Headers with cats. Staying with my stock exaust and have it tuned.

(still learning language and tech).

Thanks

Paulie, the Ti is the titanium system taken from the C5 Zo6s, flows a bit better than the stock LS1 system and sounds MUCH better!

Paulie, the Ti is the titanium system taken from the C5 Zo6s, flows a bit better than the stock LS1 system and sounds MUCH better!

He is given me a set of used ARH. Half price, tuned and ARH w/cats for $1650 total. If i go new all together $2500-$3000. Do I change the exhaust too? Or should leave well enough alone. leave car as is?? This is an auto trans.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom