Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

headlight door interference

G

gary b.

when i turn on my headlights, they both pop up, but the pass. side hits the front turn signal\marker light plug. does any place sell a shorter plug? or a re-positioned light asslembly?

You have a ton of options, and possibly a problem. Th headlight is adjustable in the hole by the four main mounting bolts. You can shim and or loosen the whole assembly and move it around. You can also adjust the side to side to side motion by a pair of set screw bushings on each side of the pivot. Finally, you have three 1/4 x 20 bolts on each outside of the pivot that allow you to adjust the postion as well.

My concern is that you either hit something with the car pushing the lower grille/blinker mount into the light area...therefore requiring you to "pull it" back out forward.

Or, the main bushings on the pivot of your headlamp are wearing out and allowing it to jump forward a tad.

The good news is you can get new pivot bushings from just about any of the large vendors. I had purchased mine from paragon.

Finally, it all else fails, get a dremel, and trim the extra material out of the way.

Like I said, you have 100 or more different ways to fix this little bugger.

Has someone change the plug already,went out and looked at mine and the wires come out of a flat socket at a right angle,and have at least an inch of clearance.

Thank's alot, little things like this drive me NUT'S.
gary

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom