Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Headlight motor rebuild

sincro

Corvette
1965 coupe, and a 2001 coupe
It is a rainy blustery day down on the bayou. I wasn't in any mood to do much of anything. I figured that I needed to get the safety inspection on my 65 Coupe renewed and that I had to rebuild the headlight motors before I could do that. I really didn't feel like doing that but I have to.

Wow, I just finished rebuilding my headlight motors on my 65 Coupe. Man was that easy thanks to a couple of articles I found posted on this wonderful web site. I don't remember who wrote them but I would like to thank them anyway for their outstanding articles. I have been dreading this chore for quite a while. I decided that I would go ahead and tackle it this morning. It took me about 20 minutes to get the first motor off and about 5 for the second one. The thing that took me the most time was cleaning them before I took them apart. The actual rebuild only took about 15 minutes per motor. The re-install only took about 15 minutes total. Now, they flip open as fast as when they were new.

Man, this is a great site and I love both of my Corvettes. I know it is 5:00 pm somewhere so I think I will celebrate and have a beer..:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom