Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

headlight operations?

S

sharky

Hey All. Have a question about headlights. how does the overide switch work? my headlights will go down when I start the car. So does that mean they will function? Have tried to get them to work while the car is running w/no luck. thinking i might be missing something. Ipop them up manually. Thanks sharky.

Hi Sharky,
Indeed there is an override switch. It is at the base of your steering colume where the dash meets it. It is a little rod protuding straight down. Pull it downward and your headlights will remain up continously, the headlight switch will operate normally in the up position.

Sharky,
Are you saying your headlamps dont work correctly with the motor running? Do your headlamp doors "close up" when the motors running, even when the headlights are on?

Like many here on the c3 forum Ive been down the problematic vacuum components failure trail, and I have some troubleshooting info for you if you should find that your headlamp doors arent working correctly(very common problem in shark waters).

If its just your override in the wrong position, walla , your lucky and have no problem.
Let us know what you find out.
TC

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom