Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Headlight Travel Issues

edevince

Corvette
1969 LeMans Blue Coupe
Hi everyone

i have a couple of headlight issues that I need some help with. First is headlight wink, where left light will not go down.

so i relaced the headlight actuator. Did not fix the wink. Upon further inspection, i think the HL gets me hanically stuck at full up position....i have to reach through grill opening to manually move the linkage, at which point it then starts to close by itself. So first problem is why does it get stuck up at full up position? Actuator is new and all vacuum hoses are new. What to do?

Second problem came when i replaced the actuator. When retracting to fully down position, it stops about 1 inch short of fully down. Why? I think that clevis pin was screwed down far enough onto Ctuator threaded shaft, so why it wont go down all the way?

are there travel adjustments that fix this, or..... ? Please help

Ernie

Attached is a Willcox headlight diagram for a 69 Corvette. Since your 69 has only one relay (later models have 2 relays) that does not seem to be the problem. I would trace each hose back to the source with a vacuum gage to make sure there are no leaks. It sounds like there is a leak on the side that is causing you a problem.
1969 Corvette Headlamp Vacuum Harness Schematic 69 Late | Willcox Corvette, Inc.

The second problem is the adjustment with the clevis on the actuator threaded shaft. Keep adjusting the clevis until you get it where you want it. I forget which way clockwise or counter clockwise is up or down. Keep us posted.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom