Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Headlight Upgrade

J

JohnnyJet

Any tips on how to upgrade the headlights on a 2003 C5? Dont want to do the xenon conversion so gimme some tips.

I saw this on Speedvision today. It looked very interesting. I am considering them myself...I like the 100% street legal claim.

http://www.sylvania.com/auto/silverstar.htm

"The Halogen that Outshines All Others. Now there’s a new star on the road, burning brighter and whiter that halogen ever has. SilverStar illuminates with a searing intensity, exceeded only by far more expensive High Intensity Discharge lighting. SilverStar is fueled by advanced design and backed by the prestigious SYLVANIA brand with its longstanding commitment to halogen innovation. You will never again see darkness in the same light. Whitest. SilverStar’s color temperature is a white hot 4,000º K, far higher than other halogens on the market and comparable to High Intensity Discharge headlights.
Brightest. SilverStar shines with a luminance up to 20% greater than other halogens. 100% Street Legal. SilverStar provides drivers with an unparalleled level of illumination and meets all US and Canadian requirements (FMVSS 108 and CMVSS 108)."

headlight upgrade

Most auto part stores worth their salt sell super white bulbs that will replace the OEM bulbs standard on the Corvette. I did this to my 2000 roadster and aside from better straightline vision the side vision is much improved.

got the new sylvania bulbs

They make a big difference and dont look like import tuner junk,

Installing T84 Euro lights with 80/100 watt bulbs will give a significant improvement.

I did the T-84s ($100), PIAA 15260 H4 bulbs ($50) and H4 harness plugs ($50)

Z06 on the left has stock lites and the one on the right has the setup as above.

I just replaced the stock 9006 bulbs in my 99 Silverado with the Sylvania Silverstar bulbs. Cost <$42 at the local Shucks store.

I have APC Xenon Superwhites (100W 4000K temp) bulbs for the highbeams (9005). These were more cost but they definitely light the road up at night.

I looked at HID lighting but I decided the $750 for the kit is a bit too high when compared to bulbs!

I just put SilverStars on my Avalanche...I did not notice appreciable lighting difference (i.e: More light) I did notice a SLIGHT blueness and better colors (read more natural) but I didn't get much more BRIGHTNESS...perhaps I expected too much.

NEWSFLASH: AUTOZONE and many others have dropped the prices on these to $19.95 from $24.95...additionally there is a manufacturers rebate of $10.00 if you buy 2 bringing the price of Sylvania SilverStars to: $15.00

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom