Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: headlights won't go down

Gary Morgan

Corvette
2000 nassau blue
:eyerole 2000 C5 Vette, All lights work perfect except lights will not go down. Come up fine, just won't return down but do get a clicking sound from headlight motors.
Going crazy in Southeast NC.
Please any advice I will try.
Thanks

:eyerole 2000 C5 Vette, All lights work perfect except lights will not go down. Come up fine, just won't return down but do get a clicking sound from headlight motors.
Going crazy in Southeast NC.
Please any advice I will try.
Thanks

More then likely it is stripped plastic headlight gears in your motor.

LLC5, Wouldn't the motors keep running? Only noise is when I turn them off the motors click just once until I turn them on and back off again, then they click once more?

LLC5, Wouldn't the motors keep running? Only noise is when I turn them off the motors click just once until I turn them on and back off again, then they click once more?

I was assuming the clicking noise was a ratcheting type noise. If it is jut on solid click, then it could be a relay or a headlight module problem. The factory service manual is your best friend in diagnosing the problem.

My car only has 12,000 miles and my gear was worn out and the headlight stopped working. I swapped for a brass gru
d35b427428978e790c68c61fd2238662.jpg
392c6f7bac470dc5a54e4c4ac8efbc1f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom