Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Heater Control Reface Kit

fine69

Corvette
'69 Convertible Vette; '72 Z28 Camaro Rally Sport
If anyone is considering purchasing one of those heater control reface kit, I just got the one offered from Corvette Central - I like it. It comes completely assembled including the new wheels, and easy to follow instructions.

It took all of 20 minutes to complete. It was probably a bit easier for mine since I don't have A/C controls to mess with.

A couple before and after pics are attached.

Ralph

Its on my list to do but have not done it. I have a problem with mine the fan runs all the time unless I find that one dead place by the vent, I am hoping that the new one will fix that.

...It was probably a bit easier for mine since I don't have A/C controls to mess with....

AC or no AC, the console controls are essentially the same. Putting the kit in an AC control would take about the same time.

:)

...I have a problem...the fan runs all the time...
That's factory and was meant to assist with ventilation. Don't quote me on this, but if you remove the brown wire from the fan switch connector, the fan will run only when you flip the switch.

20 min! It took me that long just to get the unit out of the console.However it was one of the better projects i have done to spruce up the interior.Its amazing how much of an eyesore a clouded piece of plastic can be.

AC or no AC, the console controls are essentially the same. Putting the kit in an AC control would take about the same time.

That's factory and was meant to assist with ventilation. Don't quote me on this, but if you remove the brown wire from the fan switch connector, the fan will run only when you flip the switch.

Thanks Mike, I was aware of the ventilation but I would like to be able to turn it off, I will try the brown wire next time I have it apart.

20 min! It took me that long just to get the unit out of the console.However it was one of the better projects i have done to spruce up the interior.Its amazing how much of an eyesore a clouded piece of plastic can be.

Haha... the 20 minutes was with the unit already out of the console! I'm not a magician!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom