Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Heater Core Replacement

EJZ

Corvette
1991 Bright Red Coupe
Hello All
I am "trying" to replace the heater core in my 1991 vette. I can't seem to get the covers off from around it. Feels like there is a bolt holding it in place. It isn't located in the most convient spot. I have most of the dash out. Being a backyard mechanic makes me a poor choice to be attempting this. But I am. The manual isn't much help. Anyone out there ever managed to complete this project?
I am also replacing the Dual Mass flywheel ,had a solid flywheel put in last April ,that was a not a good choice.Going back to the Dual Mass
I was told that the production of Dual Mass Flywheels was to be discontinued and a solid one was being tested as a replacement in the furture.

Too big a job for me to tackle. My mechanic handled it, took him 3 whole days, 2 guys...he said it was a nightmare. Don't want to discourage you, but that is what happened...and a year later the heater core went again, so he had to repeat the whole process, this time for free...so he wasn't too happy....

I didn't attempt this. Took a skilled mechanic over 5 hours to complete the job.

i hate doing crap like that. my mech did it in 3 1/2 hrs and charged me for 3 hrs.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom