Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Heater hose routing 67 small block

W

welsh c2

I'm replacing the heater hoses on my 67 small block [350hp, no air con].
Could someone confirm the factory correct routing for the heater hose from the intake manifold nipple as I've seen pictures of it taken over/under and alongside 3/4" pipe, over/under tee etc ;shrug [I have the two correct hose retainers]
Many thanks!

There is a fair/middling illustration on p. 1AQ-12 fig. 20 of the heater hoses in the Chassis Service Manual. Hope that helps.

There is a fair/middling illustration on p. 1AQ-12 fig. 20 of the heater hoses in the Chassis Service Manual. Hope that helps.

Thanks for that.
Just checked the diagram but with alternator shown on right side looks like it has been carried over from earlier manuals[seems to show pipe going over the expansion tank tee though]
Does anyone have a photo of the 67 layout ?

Here is my 67 L-79, no AC

Rick

DSCN4020.jpg

Just found this photo of NCRS Top Flight 98.8 point car showing hose taken over expansion tee, so still not sure! Any advice welcome.

Just found this photo of NCRS Top Flight 98.8 point car showing hose taken over expansion tee, so still not sure! Any advice welcome.

That's the way it's shown in the Assembly Manual, but I hardly ever see one routed that way (with the 5/8" hose routed on top of the tee from the tank to the 3/4" hose and back down to the bottom of the heater core) - it looks "messy" that way. Most are done like Rick's (photos above) and mine (photo below), with the 5/8" hose following its natural routing below the tee to the lower heater core nipple. :)

That's the way it's shown in the Assembly Manual, but I hardly ever see one routed that way (with the 5/8" hose routed on top of the tee from the tank to the 3/4" hose and back down to the bottom of the heater core) - it looks "messy" that way. Most are done like Rick's (photos above) and mine (photo below), with the 5/8" hose following its natural routing below the tee to the lower heater core nipple. :)

It seems that I have seen that beautiful car sometime in the past!! :thumb

Rick

P.S. John's car is better looking in person than any of his photos show.

Many thanks for that John and Rick, it seems the practical way to take it, and avoid any chance of pipe chafing against the sharp parts of the other pipe clamps and spring rings.
Cheers,
Richard :thumb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom