Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Heater not blowing any heat; 98 with manual air

texgasdoc

Corvette
1998 White Coupe
I have a 98 that just recently had almost the entire a/c system changed out. The a/c now works fantastic the problem is now that some cooler outdoor temps have come I noticed yesterday morning that when I try to put some heat on it only blows cold. Here is where I am at:
1. All vents will blow accordingly when switched and all blow cold air including the defrost setting which to me indicates it is not a vacuum issue.
2. There are NO DTCs, period. I even tried disconnecting the battery for a "reset" without any luck.
3. I also recently had changed out the water pump, thermostat, all 4 pulleys, and both belts, as well as all the heater hoses. By feel, after the car has been running for a while, the hoses to and from the water pump are both hot and flowing so it appears to me that there is flow to and from the heater core. Also, the engine temp is maintaining around 205-210.

As I mentioned, I have a manual a/c so no dual control which is all I seem to find written up about. I am hoping this isn't something simple I am missing. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance

Rob

I have a 98 that just recently had almost the entire a/c system changed out. The a/c now works fantastic the problem is now that some cooler outdoor temps have come I noticed yesterday morning that when I try to put some heat on it only blows cold. Here is where I am at:
1. All vents will blow accordingly when switched and all blow cold air including the defrost setting which to me indicates it is not a vacuum issue.
2. There are NO DTCs, period. I even tried disconnecting the battery for a "reset" without any luck.
3. I also recently had changed out the water pump, thermostat, all 4 pulleys, and both belts, as well as all the heater hoses. By feel, after the car has been running for a while, the hoses to and from the water pump are both hot and flowing so it appears to me that there is flow to and from the heater core. Also, the engine temp is maintaining around 205-210.

As I mentioned, I have a manual a/c so no dual control which is all I seem to find written up about. I am hoping this isn't something simple I am missing. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance

Rob

Low coolant level can cause this, make sure that the surge tank is at the proper level when cold and the vehicle on a level, flat surface.

Check both the heater core hoses going into the firewall for temperature differentials, they should both be hot to the touch with the vehicle temp gauge at 220*F. Good luck with it. :)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom