Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

heater solenoid leaking?

Nut

Corvette
Vette-less for now
Has anybody ever seen the heater soleniod valve assembly leak? Not the hoses attached to it; but rather between the circular membrane device and the block it is attached to. Anyone ever have to replace one of these? If so, where did you find one; or are they common enough to have been used on other cars?

Thanks.............. (leaking) Nut

Has anybody ever seen the heater soleniod valve assembly leak? Not the hoses attached to it; but rather between the circular membrane device and the block it is attached to. Anyone ever have to replace one of these? If so, where did you find one; or are they common enough to have been used on other cars?

Thanks.............. (leaking) Nut
I'm assuming you are talking about the coolant valve in the heater hose!~! If so,you should be able to get one at Advance or Auto Zone!:upthumbs

Hey Junk..... yeah that's it. Tough sucker to get at with my aftermarket headers so close.

Thx............. nut

Oh wow! The infamous Nutmeg!!!....:chuckle:happyanim:How are you pal?

I removed the vent grill on the right side and that gave me some reach. I even got it riveted as before. :D

I am glad to hear that you still have her....:D :D

Hey Gerry.... Alive and retired early to enjoy some life before the big defense machine finally broke me. hahaha Yes, still have the '81 albeit she doesn't get driven near enough. But at least I can say I've driven her more than Bud has Rare. hahaha You know how it goes..... the more they sit, the more they leak. My garage is jammed with 2 Harley's, a '80 Suzuki GS850, my son's 96CE Vette and mine so working on just about anything but wiping the dust off requires the "mechanic" especially in the winter where warm days for Vette dismantling are few and far between until about April.

My son and I blew past your area last April when we rode our Harley's from MD to Las Vegas and back along I-40. I wish I had remembered Rio Rancho was so close to Albuquerque that we would have stopped on the way back for a visit. It was a speed run west with a group of about 12-13 HOG people from our Harley dealer, but just Jr. and I on the way back east. They stupidly decided to take the I-70 route back and paid the price (snow, ice and dangerous roads) for it. Not that I-40 through Flagstaff in mid April was Key West....hahahaha. Perhaps next time.

I was contemplating retiring the Nutmeg too and my son selling his 96CE and we were going to buy a '08-'09 Z06 but when I decided to retire that cut into the incoming (extra) $$ and that project got shelved unless I get another dead relative or a lottery hit and I dont see either any time soon. :L

Take care. Talk soon............... nut (bob)

Hey Gerry.... Alive and retired early to enjoy some life before the big defense machine finally broke me. hahaha Yes, still have the '81 albeit she doesn't get driven near enough. But at least I can say I've driven her more than Bud has Rare. hahaha You know how it goes..... the more they sit, the more they leak. My garage is jammed with 2 Harley's, a '80 Suzuki GS850, my son's 96CE Vette and mine so working on just about anything but wiping the dust off requires the "mechanic" especially in the winter where warm days for Vette dismantling are few and far between until about April.

My son and I blew past your area last April when we rode our Harley's from MD to Las Vegas and back along I-40. I wish I had remembered Rio Rancho was so close to Albuquerque that we would have stopped on the way back for a visit. It was a speed run west with a group of about 12-13 HOG people from our Harley dealer, but just Jr. and I on the way back east. They stupidly decided to take the I-70 route back and paid the price (snow, ice and dangerous roads) for it. Not that I-40 through Flagstaff in mid April was Key West....hahahaha. Perhaps next time.

I was contemplating retiring the Nutmeg too and my son selling his 96CE and we were going to buy a '08-'09 Z06 but when I decided to retire that cut into the incoming (extra) $$ and that project got shelved unless I get another dead relative or a lottery hit and I dont see either any time soon. :L

Take care. Talk soon............... nut (bob)

That's great! I have 6 years to go still. Yes, go do everything that you told yourself you would do once retired. :D

You oath to post a picture of your L81...I am forgetting what it looks like....:D:D:eyerole :L

That's great! I have 6 years to go still. Yes, go do everything that you told yourself you would do once retired. :D

You oath to post a picture of your L81...I am forgetting what it looks like....:D:D:eyerole :L

It was the coolant valve assy that was bad. Fixed and rolling again. Here's a pic of the ole Nutmeg with the pop up window.

..nut :D

Attachments

• right_3-4_rocky_small.jpg
    right_3-4_rocky_small.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 87
  • hatchback_small.jpg
    hatchback_small.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 78
There she is. :D

Hey, refresh my memory...did you buy the rear glass lift kit they once had available for sale, or did you levereged that from a 1982 CE?

There she is. :D

Hey, refresh my memory...did you buy the rear glass lift kit they once had available for sale, or did you levereged that from a 1982 CE?

The C&C kit was already installed when my buddy (the first owner) bought the car in Tucson, AZ in late '81. He knew it was a C&C kit because the Chevy dealer he bought it from told him they did it as a dealer option. The pull cord wire has stretched over the years and the window does not open easily any more so I rarely will pop it open unless I have a good reason to do so. I've looked at Carlisle for a number of years with no luck for a spare replacement. The pistons could use rreplaced too but they are readily available.

We had a VERY rare record warm day today, so since the Harley was in the shop getting new rubber ahead of our trip to Daytona Beach Bike Week in a few weeks I had the tops out and cruised around all day in the ole Nutmeg. :D Sometimes life is good even in late February. Here's a few more and one with my (much younger) old self.

Bob

Attachments

• bob pics 010.jpg
    bob pics 010.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 76
  • bob pics 002.jpg
    bob pics 002.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 86
  • bob pics 012.JPG
    bob pics 012.JPG
    80.9 KB · Views: 81

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom