Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Heating/AC Issues After Battery Replacement?

Corvette
'96 LT4 Coupe, White/Red
I replaced the battery in my '96 LT4 this fall and it appears that the climate control system isn't working now. I can set it to "auto" with a temperature at 72 and the system doesn't react as it used to. It blows cold air rather then what I would normally expect (like some heat when it is 35 degrees outside!). Has anyone else experienced something like this?

I replaced the battery in my '96 LT4 this fall and it appears that the climate control system isn't working now. I can set it to "auto" with a temperature at 72 and the system doesn't react as it used to. It blows cold air rather then what I would normally expect (like some heat when it is 35 degrees outside!). Has anyone else experienced something like this?

My 93 has acted strange on occasion after battery charging or replacement, for some reason it scrambles the controllers brain. :L Try turning the climate control system off, remove the key from the ignition then disconnect the negative battery cable for one minute. That procedure will normally reset mine so it returns to normal function but do not know exactly why, good luck.:thumb

Well, it FINNALY got nice enough in the Denver area to try the suggestion and take it out for a nice long drive today! Fun drive but the climate control still isn't operating right. So, next step is to start going through the massive shop manual to start troubleshooting!

Thanks for the suggestion!

If the green LED is flashing above the climate control there is a code stored, follow the instructions in the Automatic Climate control section of your FSM to retrieve the code or codes, that may help point you in the right direction.

It was indeed flashing. I'll check the manual now.

Thanks again for the tips!

Thanks for the trick about the negative battery cable. My heater doesn't blow hot air anymore and maybe that is why. I had my battery changed this spring. Tomorrow I'll see if it makes a difference. Hope it works!

heat

Thanks for the trick about the negative battery cable. My heater doesn't blow hot air anymore and maybe that is why. I had my battery changed this spring. Tomorrow I'll see if it makes a difference. Hope it works![/QUOTe
I rebuilt heater system on 85 c4. Yours maybe different. I am willing 2 help but need pix of pass. side engine ...up by the fire wall, pass side...

Thanks for the trick about the negative battery cable. My heater doesn't blow hot air anymore and maybe that is why. I had my battery changed this spring. Tomorrow I'll see if it makes a difference. Hope it works![/QUOTe
I rebuilt heater system on 85 c4. Yours maybe different. I am willing 2 help but need pix of pass. side engine ...up by the fire wall, pass side...
I took my 95 to the repair shop yesterday after reading an invoice from 2004 when I had the problem of no heat too. On both occassions they cleaned (blew out)the heater core. They said that sometimes when this is done it causing the core to leak, but I have been very lucky. For $50 I now have heat. Hope all of you will be able to solve the problem too. Wet winter weather makes for very uncomfortable driving.:)

Trust yer mechanic

Yah. mechanic told me my heater core was rusted out. I pulled on this little guy located on pass side firewall(84_88c4)and blows real hot now.Always trust yer mechanic...lol:boogie

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom