Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLP !!!

A

awesome 72

The til-tele steering on my 72 is real loose orbitally. ! Does anyone have
similar experience. ? A step by step photographic instruction on how
to r & r would be nice and much appreciated. I am way across the pond
Guys.
Mark

Guys.
Mark
I'll be over in the fall -----bet thats not what you wanted to hear. Sorry at least your back on top /good luck:)

Guys.
Mark
I had a GM tilt wheel on a 72 nova go loosey-goosey on me a few years back, and my father-in law found me a column that I could take apart to see how it was done before I tried on mine. I'll tell you that it isn't easy, and mine DIDN'T have tele. Mine just had some loose bolts that had to be tightned up, but having the correct tools to do it would have made it much easier. I remember one spring in particular being almost impossible to get back in by myself. I wouldn't take it apart without pictures/instructions unless I was prepared to have the car undrivable for an extended period.
Andy:w and I do believe that this is my 100th post! :_rock

TILT TELEPROBLEM

I had a GM tilt wheel on a 72 nova go loosey-goosey on me a few years back, and my father-in law found me a column that I could take apart to see how it was done before I tried on mine. I'll tell you that it isn't easy, and mine DIDN'T have tele. Mine just had some loose bolts that had to be tightned up, but having the correct tools to do it would have made it much easier. I remember one spring in particular being almost impossible to get back in by myself. I wouldn't take it apart without pictures/instructions unless I was prepared to have the car undrivable for an extended period.
Andy:w and I do believe that this is my 100th post! :_rock

Thanks for replying. Mark

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom