Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

HEI Guys...A MUST DO MOD!

69MyWay

Corvette
1969 Killer Shark
If you have an HEI and are tired of the mixed up mess of wires on your distributor cap....then you gotta get one of these

Crossfire Cap

This applies to C4 guys as well!

I just ordered one for Killer.

I had one on my V8 Fiero, and it really cleaned up the look of the engine.

That is really Cool!

I have never heard of that before. Great Idea!

Thanks!
Bill

I just spent years memorizing the firing order from side to side .
that is pretty slick...............

Very cool.

Of course, this just as I'm contemplating a "coil per cylinder" distributorless ignition system for the future...

Still very cool.

Joe

69MyWay said:
If you have an HEI and are tired of the mixed up mess of wires on your distributor cap....then you gotta get one of these

Crossfire Cap

This applies to C4 guys as well!

I just ordered one for Killer.

I had one on my V8 Fiero, and it really cleaned up the look of the engine.
Chris:
A good while back, I'd seen those advertized somewhere else. I see in the yearwood ad that they're remanufactured.

The link where I first saw it included a whole life story of a very interesting character who claimed to be the crossfire cap inventor ... dunno where that link is now.

When you get yours I'm curious to know about the quality of the original cap (terminals-material-manufacturer?) & the quality of the redesign.
JACK:gap

I took remanufactured to mean they took a new cap and modified the inner connections (remanufactured?) so that the connections came out as pictured.

69MyWay said:
If you have an HEI and are tired of the mixed up mess of wires on your distributor cap....then you gotta get one of these.

Pretty cool idea, however my idea for the Gotta Do for an HEI system on a hotrod involves a 9/16th wrench and a trash can :)

CYa!
Mako

It came in the mail the other day, and it will be a bit before I install it.

I guess what they mean be remanufacture....is it is a new cap, but has been modified. You can tell by looking inside, it has a layer of that black resin looking stuff that you would not find in a stock cap, and the pins look different on top.

I am really looking forward to installing it. I have hated the way my wires are bundled and jumbled up since I put them in.

Scott81 has had one of those on his car for 4 years that I know of. I think he's onto his second one now.

69MyWay said:
It came in the mail the other day, and it will be a bit before I install it.

I guess what they mean be remanufacture....is it is a new cap, but has been modified. You can tell by looking inside, it has a layer of that black resin looking stuff that you would not find in a stock cap, and the pins look different on top.

I am really looking forward to installing it. I have hated the way my wires are bundled and jumbled up since I put them in.

Chris:
Brass or aluminum posts/terminals? Did they start with a cheap $4 new cap or did they start with a good one?
Jack:gap

Jack said:
Chris:
Brass or aluminum posts/terminals? Did they start with a cheap $4 new cap or did they start with a good one?
Jack:gap

Brass

Here are some pics

clar2001 said:
Let us know how you like it than I will order one TKS

This will be my second one! I was very happy with the one I put on my small block in the V8 Fiero project car. I love them. I don't know why I did not buy one for my 69 from day one....I guess I was in a hurry to get the car ready for Sharkfest in 2002.

remember, there is NO performance increase....It just looks SO cool when it is installed. It takes even season Chevy guys to notice, and when they do...it blows their minds.

Tell us more about the V8 Fiero, do you have any pics?

That is a mid engine, isn't it?

matchframe said:
Tell us more about the V8 Fiero, do you have any pics?

That is a mid engine, isn't it?

I will eventually upload them to my new website. I had them on my old one.

It was an 84 Fiero that I used a www.V8archie.com master kit and dropped in the V8. I used a body off a 86 GT, 17" rims, and went through a four speed, and a five speed, before I settled on a good five speed.

It was a blast.

I bet it was a blast! :bu

Look forward to seeing the pics when you get them up.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom