Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Hello Everyone!!!!

• Thread starter Thread starter DDSLT5
  • Start date Start date
D

DDSLT5

Hey there guys - I'm really getting a little sick of big brother locking every thread over on that "other" corvette site, so I thought I'd check out this one!!!

I see some familiar faces too!! Joel - how close are ya to having the 415 done? You must feel like you got ants in your pants, so to speak.

Hello to everyone else whom I know from the 'other' forum, and I look forward to making many new friends here too!!!

This post will also serve to test if I know how to make my sig pic show up - so if it doesn't, please feel free to let me know how to get it to work - thanks guys - the ZR1 lives on!!

Dwight:bar

Whoa - lots of cool smilies too - very nice!!

Welcome To The Corvette Action Center DDSLT5!

Nice to have you with us. :upthumbs

Thanks Ken - could you help me out - I rarely post my sig pic, but once in a blue moon I like to - it doesn't show up in my post - is this normal? How do I get it to show up? Thanks man!!

Dwight

It goes good UB2slow,

Can you tell me how you got the cool Avatar? How do I quote the previous quotation? Sorry for the questions, I'm a newbie all over again!!!

Dwight

If you were hosting your signature picture over at the CF in their files, you will not be able to access it from here (I don't think you can.) In order for the image to show in your signature you'll have to put it on another server. I am not sure of where we stand as far as offering member's their own sites currently. Sorry. :o

_ken :w

By the way, I do like UB's avatar image--"Pinhead". :cool

Ken said:
If you were hosting your signature picture over at the CF in their files, you will not be able to access it from here (I don't think you can.) In order for the image to show in your signature you'll have to put it on another server. I am not sure of where we stand as far as offering member's their own sites currently. Sorry. :o

By the way, I do like UB's avatar image--"Pinhead". :cool

Hey Ken - look at me go - I figured out the quotation thingy - also, I am hosting from my own site, and the pic did show in the preview, BUT IT WAS BIG!!! Maybe I need to resize it? Where can I choose my avatar?

Thanks man

Dwight

How do I resize that beast - although it is beautiful!!! And also, I'm off to figure out the avatar issue!!!

DDSLT5 said:
How do I resize that beast - although it is beautiful!!! And also, I'm off to figure out the avatar issue!!!

Holy cow thats a big pic. As far as the Avatar go to User CP and click edit options. Go all the way down to the bottom and click on change Avatar. It has to be 125x125 and less than 1000.

UB2 SLOW said:
Holy cow thats a big pic. As far as the Avatar go to User CP and click edit options. Go all the way down to the bottom and click on change Avatar. It has to be 125x125 and less than 1000.

Okay - got the avatar issue solved - I'll have to look for a more custom jobby soon - oh, and by the way - I like that I only had to post 5 times to make my own custom avatar, instead of 10,000 times, like on that other silly ass forum - and that's another thing, sometimes I need to say ass - I think you guys can handle it - and it just looks stupid to have to type azz - you know what I mean.

Now, to figure out how to resize that sig pic - I'll have to bow you your knowledge on this one guys - never done this before!!!

:CAC

Try to keep the signature images to around one-inch tall at most, but you can have it as wide as about 6-inches if you so desire. Until last night, mine was .70-inch tall or so, and about two-inches wide. Then I got a wild hair up my butt because I changed my avatar to my Vette's image... The rest is history as they say. :eyerole

Good luck and if you need any help just ask. :cool

Help Ken - I am guessing that I must resize the original photo on my website? Can you give me some help with that? I'm not sure how to resize - never done this before!!

Thanks

:confused

Congrats on the Avatar. I cant help you on the pic. You will need some kind of photo software on your computer or email the pic to someone who can help you.

I believe whatever photo editing software you used in the first place should have some sort of method for reducing the overall image size, as well as cropping capabilities. Those are the basics of any photo imaging software.

Since I don't know what it is you use for those things, I can't lead you through it. :o

Ken said:
I believe whatever photo editing software you used in the first place should have some sort of method for reducing the overall image size, as well as cropping capabilities. Those are the basics of any photo imaging software.

Since I don't know what it is you use for those things, I can't lead you through it. :o

No worries - just as long as I know that I must first edit it, then upload it to my site, then host it here - I think I can figure this out - thanks to you and UB!!

Welcome to the best site on the web for accurate, friendly, and fun Corvette fellowship.

We do things a little different than some other sites, and one of them is the sig pics.

By keeping them small, and not putting them on as automatic with every post it keeps the load time quick. It really helps us dial up guys get through a new post in a hurry.

My poor dial up connection used to choke when I tried opening pages on...., you know where.

So, we are not trying to be Big Brother, but we are trying to keep the entire site nimble, quick and fast to load, read, and move on to other posts.

Looks like you are on the right track! Welcome to CAC.

There seems to be a steady migration of us from the other site. Glad to see you here Dwight! Charlie

welcome all new memebers, i just got one questions. Most of you newbies are reffering to some other vette site, are you trying to tell me there's another corvette web site???????????? impossible, unless it's a knock-off of this :CAC

q:beer

Wondered where everyone was going over on CF. Glad to have found you all. :upthumbs

I purposely got myself banned yesterday. Had to for the principle of the matter. I love the kill section and I guess they were telling me I wasn't welcome anymore.
Dwight, we are going through some cam shaft issues that are just eating up time trying to resolve. I will get it one day soon but it will be in Feb. not Jan. It's winter here anyway so I am not chomping at the bit too bad. I just want it right and I am sure it will be when it's done.

DDSLT5 said:

I see some familiar faces too!! Joel - how close are ya to having the 415 done? You must feel like you got ants in your pants, so to speak.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom