Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Hello, new to CAC

IrishJoker

Corvette
81 Gray Coupe, 95 Yellow Coupe, 02 Torch Red
Hello all from Baltimore MD! I'm Charlie (aka IrishJoker). I have a 1981 custom coupe. I've been over on the Corvette Forum for years and since they have a registry over here specifically to the 1981, that's how I found CAC. I've actually been reviewing posts here for some time, just usually standing on the side line :). As soon as I can I'll post pics of my 81 over here. I actually have 3 corvettes; my 81, a 95 and a 2002. I'm currently a member in the National Council of Corvette Clubs, though I recently resigned from my local club here in Baltimore (to much drama) and am also a member of The Corvette Owner's Association. I'm retired Air Force (20 yrs.) and am now a Sr. Systems Engineer working in the local Washington D.C. area, but live in Baltimore. That's quite a commute with today's gas prices but I love my job. I restored/customized my 81 about 2 yrs ago. Changed the color and redid the interior. I soon found out you can spend a fortune on replacement parts! The engine is original and numbers matching with a new rebuild just prior to me buying the car. By the way I'm the 3rd owner and this Vette has never left the state of Maryland, it was bought here at a local dealership. I have all the original paper work including the original build sheet! My 95 is Competition Yellow and pretty much stock except for the 1990 12 slot wheels which I prefer over all other C4 designs, she does have a custom exhaust system and a set of new High-Flow "Cats". I plan on a restore in the near future. The 2002 is a Torch Red with Gray/Black interior with custom accents. Custom MagnaFlow Cat-Back System, Donaldson Bat-Wing Air-Intake, Power Tuned chip, Engine Dress-Up. and polished Aluminium Wheels. Oh an all my Vettes are Coupes :) That's about it, feel free to give me a shout if you want.

Charlie

IrishJoker ~ Welcome to the Corvette Action Center Community ~

:w Charlie,

I see you registered at the L81VetteRegisty back in December..... So Charlie what took you so long getting here :rotfl WELCOME !

Enjoy your :Steer while here and check out other parts of our Community. Across the top of page are links that are great resources and information ;)

And visit our very own Registry Forums down in the C3 Forums Section..

Thank you for your Service to Our Country :upthumbs

Bud Dougherty
Yep another Irishman :D

Great Looking Bunch of Corvettes...

...welcome to the :CAC

Post a few pictures of your Vettes when ya have some time! :beer

Later . . . . . .
6 Shooter

Welcome aboard. Enjoy !!!! :beer

Thanks for the warm welcome guys - I am sure I will be spending more time over here - some of you ask for some pictures of my vettes. So here you go!

DSCF1049.jpg

DSCF1047.jpg

DSCF1055.jpg

81_10.jpg

81_1.jpg

1981_Corvette022A.jpg

DSCF0004.jpg

New_Engine_Dress001.jpg

Charlie,

Wonderful stable of Corvettes you have there. I especially love the yellow C4.:D

welcome to CAC!!!:CAC
very sweet looking vettes!!!!
hope you enjoy the forums....

thanks for serving our country!!!!!!!!!!:pat:pat

Good look'n stable of Corvettes, which one if any is your favorite to drive?

Bill

Good look'n stable of Corvettes, which one if any is your favorite to drive?

Bill

Man that is a hard question to answer! Love em all and each has it's own set of unique driving attributes. The C3 is a great cruiser - comfortable for me and my bad back believe it or not! The late model C3 seats are a great design. Love the manual tranny as long as it's NOT stop and go traffic. That heavy clutch can be the devil on a bad knee. Man do I love the style of this car - nothing beats that beautiful "coke bottle" design - a rolling piece of art going down the highway or sitting still.
The C4 - has a lot of power, gets great gas mileage, mostly comfortable interior design, except the lack of a Telescopic steering wheel (wheel design if rather fat - due to the first gen design for the air bag). I don't have the sports seats, there is no lumbar support, so I'd have to say on a long trip, it can get uncomfortable. But of all my vettes I drive her the most, she is a pleasure to drive.
The C5 - is a refined sports car to be sure. I personally love the design and would not change a thing. American cars use way to much plastic, so I'd have to say for a $45K plus car the interior could have been better appointed. I do have the sport package in this car - so the seats are comfortable on long trips, due to the many air bladders for side bolster and lumbar support. She to gets great gas mileage in and around town and on the open highway.
Bottom line "these cars" have ears I will not choose one over the other, love em all for what they are and get a kick out of driving them! If I did not like one I would have sold it long before now.

Man that is a hard question to answer! Love em all and each has it's own set of unique driving attributes.

Charlie,

You said it all with poetry, I think Corvettes all have thier individual personalities too.

Bill

Not only do you have a three different generations of Vette's but they are all in great condition. You should be proud. And Broke...LOL. Hope we all hook up someday and meet.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom