Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

HELP!! any 1 live or work near us corvettes

hammadown

Corvette
1972 350 auto coupe
HEY.......... 1'st post.......... AWESOME site;) !! Anyway.........any1 live/work near uscorvettes :eek:hnoes that can check a car out for me???:beer the car is a "70" black on black $21,900. and i did read the post's about the place :eek:hnoes :crazy :bash but.......... HEY, its worth a :r ;)

THANX...............Hammadown:Steer

Welcome to the :CAC

Glad to have you with us. Is uscorvettes in Rhode Island? Tell us about it.

HEY........... No.....us corvettes is in cali :chuckle I live in R.I :hb ;)

but thanx for the reply:beer

Hammadown

Hammadown,

Can't say I live in CA, but I was feeling out a car for sale by US Covettes (possibly the same one you're looking at) and got so many negative reports (about 3 pages worth) about these guys that I didn't even pursue it. Scared me to death !

Also, a couple of years ago I was looking at a car in SoCal and contacted a guy (NCRS memeber, Appraiser) and paid him to go look at the car (I live in DE) and give me a report. He was very thorough and told it like it was about the car; won't give you a hard and fast price, but a range. If you want I can see it he still does this and giv you his e-mail. It cost me US$ 200; might cost you a llittle more as I think US COrvettes is in Huntington Bch and he's in the San Diego area.

Bernie O>

Hey,bernie......thanks for the reply!!!!;) I read the same post's about them:eek:hnoes . thats why I was hopeing i might catch some 1 from the area that goes by there in their travels!!!:D

i will keep your suggestion in mind:upthumbs

THANX............hammadown

The only thing I can say to that is: If these guys are THAT bad, how in the world are they still in business ?????

Bernie O.

Hey Bernie......I hear what your saying;) and ive been wondering the same thing:chuckle but no matter where i look he's there........ with lots of ad's;shrug and without looking now i think there was 1 positive comment amoung the negative in the post's that i read!! so if someone could see the car in person WITHOUT any inconveinence to themelves it would help me out!!!:beer :_rock

THANX..............Hammadown

I'd be REAL curious as to what you find out; keep me (and everyone else) updated !

Bernie O.

"
The only thing I can say to that is: If these guys are THAT bad, how in the world are they still in business ?????

Bernie O.";LOL :eek:hnoes

There is an old saying that there is a sucker born every day:eek:hnoes That is what guys like them live off. :puke :W That and the idea that everyone thinks that it will be different for them. :boogie ;) I am too smart to get screwed,:D I know what they are doing,:D It can't happen to me. :D I will bet you now that if you deal with them you will get screwed. :beer A leopard does not change its spots. :ugh :upthumbs

There is too many things that can be hidden on these cars. ;shrug The most important thing you can have in a transaction is a seller with some integrity.:bash

What's the old RR saying: "Trust, but verify". I wonder if these guys would let someone come in and FULLY inspect/test drive their cars. THe way they descibe these cars (and there are a LOT of them on the "Corvette Trader" website), they seem to be a bit under priced, which makes me suspicious right off the bat. Not a car dealer in the universe that's going to leave money on the table.

Bernie O.

HEY.......... 1'st post.......... AWESOME site;) !! Anyway.........any1 live/work near uscorvettes :eek:hnoes that can check a car out for me???:beer the car is a "70" black on black $21,900. and i did read the post's about the place :eek:hnoes :crazy :bash but.......... HEY, its worth a :r ;)

THANX...............Hammadown:Steer

There was a big story about the District Attorney of Montgomery County, PA. who bought a 1969 from them.The car was seriously misrepresented. The DA is in litigation with the car. There was a story on the CAC about it. I've heard a lot of horror stories about their product. I think when you smell smoke there is always a fire.:mad

California is a mighty big place, if they are local to me I'll take a look. Many years ago I was trained as a used car buyer by a very large rent a car company, I'd be happy to have a look if it's nearby and I'll pick the car apart for you.

Our saying was "There's an Ass for every seat" or "Bring your wife, we'll Dick'er"

EDIT:

Looks like they're just a few miles from my house.

hey...... thanx for the reply but i think I am going to pass i think calli is a little bit too far for me to be looking and besides........I talked to " MIKE" and that fella RUBBED me the wrong way on the phone:bash:pukeOH............ and for the guys that dont care too much for his kind or his cars......" (mike) I've been around vettes for many years so i KNOW my STUFF :eek:hnoes...All my cars are PROFESIONALY redone and no exspence is spaired:chuckle:crazyif there is something wrong with the car it gets fixed correctly:W" And last but not least " EVEN with perfect working systems.........stingrays never had decent workin A/C systems";LOL:L:crazyFunny...... for a guy who thinks his **** dont stink..................I CAN smell what he's cookin;)

Hammadown

So. Cal. is used car mecca, no rust, no salt, no foul weather, no big pot holes to break your car up, a bunch of "my car has to be perfect freaks" to care for your car before you get it. It's a great place to get a used car, people come all over the world to pick up used cars here.

Good luck in your search.

(Yes, the AC is crap in early C3s)

HEY..... I'm not doubting that ......;) but i think I'll take the members advise and stay away from MIKE and his PERFECT cars:eek:hnoes:W

THANX.......Hammadown

I'm not defending the guy, I have no idea who he is. But no matter what dealer you buy a car from, there is always a customer that thinks they got screwed by that dealer. 100% satisfaction doesn't exist in the car business, there are always dissatisfied customers especially with old cars.

Either the car is crap or it isn't. If the price is right and the car is right it really doesn't matter where the car comes from IMO.

My .02

Is "Mike" Michael Moncrief sp, otherwise known as Michael "Monthief"?

If so, run away quick!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom