Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Colgan Bra step inside please

Pro Street

Corvette
2002 Yellow Coupe
I just bought a Colgan Bra and it looks nice.My problem is where does the bra hook to in the fender area?It does not have any instructions with it.It may have something missing.I think the plastic channel on the fender area may hook to something that may be missing.Help! Pictures would be nice!I am trying to get ready for the road trip to CruiseFest 2007 !!! Help!

It should have come with instructions and pictures of the installation.

If it is like the one I just sold, there are 2 long plastic 'mounting' flanges on either side near the bottom of the fender well. These are to be inserted between the fender and the inner fender. There should be an extra piece of plastic to use as a guide tool. Insert the tool between the inner fender and fender then slide in the flanges on the bra. The lowest flange goes below the lowest bolt.

Get the one side's long flanges inserted first - ignore the upper, short, curved flanges for now. Then stretch the bra across the nose and insert the two long flanges on that side. Check alignment with the nose openings.

Now you can hook the two lower, small flanges into the bottom of the bumper.

Next, stretch the bra up the fenders and hook the two remaining flanges into the wheel opening around the fender. Make sure the headlight opening is clear. This may require you to switch from side to side a couple of times before it fits properly.

You may also need to bend the upper flanges some to ensure a tight grip on the fenders.

If you need to open the hood, you just unhook the top two flanges on either side and open the hood. When you shut the hood, make sure the bra is clear of the opening.

That's all I can remember at the moment.

Something is not right.I will take some pictures and post them.It does not have a brand name on it or any tags.I think it my be a Speed Lingerie bra.

Here is a couple of pictures
63f24d00d5.jpg

Sure looks likes like a Speed Lingerie to me. You are missing the 2 long plastic mounting pices that go in the fender well area. I can take pictures when I get home. I also have the directions I can scan in and send to you.

Sure looks likes like a Speed Lingerie to me. You are missing the 2 long plastic mounting pices that go in the fender well area. I can take pictures when I get home. I also have the directions I can scan in and send to you.

I called Speed Lingerie today and they are sending me the missing pieces but I forgot to have them send me the instructions.So if you could scan them and send them to my e-mail vjrice@amaonline.com that would be great!
Thanks VJ

Directions sent, glad SL was able to help you out. They when out of there way to help me out also.

Got the instructions!That was what I was looking for:beer

Definitely not Colgan.
With Speed Lingerie, you'll definitely need to add mounting hardware.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom