Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help Cragar wheels on a 1975 Vet

Stage Left

Corvette
1975 Corvette/ Stingray
Hi all

Need a little help, I have a 1975 Corvette/Stingray
I want to use Cragar Rims stock vet size 15X8 S/S super sport. My problem is I don't know what backspace to use for this rim, also do I need to use a spacer and if so, what size spacer do I need. I was told the rim could hit the brake caliper if the spacer was not used "Not sure" Any Data out there!
:bash

Tom.

Why not call Cragar and ask? They'll know what they fit and what they don't. Spacers are a BAD idea - they dramatically increase the shear and bending loads on the lug studs under acceleration and braking.

:beer

Why not call Cragar and ask? They'll know what they fit and what they don't. Spacers are a BAD idea - they dramatically increase the shear and bending loads on the lug studs under acceleration and braking.

:beer

Thanks for the reply. I did email Cragar Two times on the question, with No reply.

Tom.

i don't remember what backspacing i got but i'm using an inch spacer on mine. i'll see if i can find the box they came in.
DSC02472Large.jpg

Thanks all, for your help.

I did receive an e-mail from Cragar

The cragar wheel should be a S-S super sport 15X8 rim with a 4 1/4" backspace
model number 61815 also needed to install wheels. Must use a 1/2" spacer Cragar Kit model number 29200. Must fit test rim before mounting tire, make sure caliper clears rim.

Your red vet looks great. What size tires are you using???

Thanks
Tom.

Thanks all, for your help.

I did receive an e-mail from Cragar

The cragar wheel should be a S-S super sport 15X8 rim with a 4 1/4" backspace
model number 61815 also needed to install wheels. Must use a 1/2" spacer Cragar Kit model number 29200. Must fit test rim before mounting tire, make sure caliper clears rim.

Your red vet looks great. What size tires are you using???

Thanks
Tom.

thanx. 225/60/15 fronts 275/60/15 rears

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom