Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help decoding my trim tag

trmccoy34

Corvette
Hello all. I just bought my '81 about 2 weeks ago and I'm trying to find out the original colors my car was when new. I think Bubba has changed a few things lol.

The trim tag says: Chevrolet D25 Trim672 50E 74E Paint

Thank you all for your help!

The data on your trim tag can be sorted out using the link below as a start. The D25 you noted should indicate that your vette was built in November 25, 1980. The "D" equals November and the 25 equals the day of the month if I understand all this correctly.
Your interior color should be Cinnabar Leather
Not use of your exterior but if car came from Boiling Green should be a Beige/Dark Bronze?
Anyway check out the link and hope this helps.

1981 Chevrolet Corvette C3 Production Statistics and Facts

The data on your trim tag can be sorted out using the link below as a start. The D25 you noted should indicate that your vette was built in November 25, 1980. The "D" equals November and the 25 equals the day of the month if I understand all this correctly.
Your interior color should be Cinnabar Leather
Not use of your exterior but if car came from Boiling Green should be a Beige/Dark Bronze?
Anyway check out the link and hope this helps.

1981 Chevrolet Corvette C3 Production Statistics and Facts

Thank you very much! I thought it should have Cinnabar leather in it, but the previous owner decided to paint the entire exterior of the car white, and paint everything on the interior red. According to VIN the car was built in St. Louis, which is why I was unsure of the exterior paint codes.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom