Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help finding Steel Blue Callaway

TAC

Corvette
1987 Yellow Callaway TT Convertible & 2003 MY Z06
I'm pretty sure there has been a fantastic looking Steel Blue Callaway w/Aerobody that's been up for sale a few times over the last few years, perhaps a ZR-1 SN? Is this car still around and still for sale? Just curious. I know someone considering a Callaway or ZR-1 purchase in the future. TIA.

TAC

TAC said:
I'm pretty sure there has been a fantastic looking Steel Blue Callaway w/Aerobody that's been up for sale a few times over the last few years, perhaps a ZR-1 SN? Is this car still around and still for sale? Just curious. I know someone considering a Callaway or ZR-1 purchase in the future. TIA.

TAC

...there is one for sale right now in CA :m

http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56706

Steel Blue..............oooooooh man that's an awesome color!!!!:D

Thanks. He's looking for a coupe, not convertible. Maybe I'm barking up the wrong color. The car I'm looking for is a dead ringer for the one on the 2nd page of this thread that belongs to OldZR-1Guy. Who knows...maybe this is the car I was thinking about?

http://corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22072&page=1&pp=15

Maybe it's another version of blue?

Tim

Josh: You're right, I was thinking Quasar Blue. There used to be a QB Callaway that kept coming up for sale and I think it was a SN to boot. Maybe I'm wrong and it was a stock ZR-1. Anyone know where the car is and whether or not it's still for sale?

TAC said:
Josh: You're right, I was thinking Quasar Blue. There used to be a QB Callaway that kept coming up for sale and I think it was a SN to boot. Maybe I'm wrong and it was a stock ZR-1. Anyone know where the car is and whether or not it's still for sale?

The Quasar blue metallic Callaway coupe was bought by a fella up in Michigan and has since been sold to a gentleman in Missouri - it is a VERY NICE Car!! (ET Vipr on this forum now owns it)

The bright aqua blue metallic SNAT CR1 that was for sale a year++ ago and has found a new home out West - Nevada, California - or somewhere in between ;)
It too is a beautiful machine :eek

Here is a pic of that car -
DSC00013.JPG

Hope this helps :v :m :w

Actually I will be close by (area code 650) next week. If I have time I will call and try to see the car in person.

-Luigi
:cool

TAC said:
Tim, the other night I was picking blue-crabs at one of my favorite resturaunts with none other than, the owner of the Callaway Aero Zr1 you are in search of :eek He said he might part with the car, as he said, "eveything is for sale for the right price..."

Anyways, Mangusta1969 owns the car - he bought it last summer and has really enjoyed it since :upthumbs

Hope this helps :m

*89x2* said:
Tim, the other night I was picking blue-crabs at one of my favorite resturaunts with none other than, the owner of the Callaway Aero Zr1 you are in search of :eek He said he might part with the car, as he said, "eveything is for sale for the right price..."

Anyways, Mangusta1969 owns the car - he bought it last summer and has really enjoyed it since :upthumbs

Hope this helps :m
Thanks for the information. The guy looking wants a real steal and the timing can't get tooooo much better. I thought maybe the car was still in play with a price reduction. It doesn't sound like that's the case. I'll pass the info on though.

Aqua Blue Callaway in CalNeva

I can confirm that the ex-Steve Deshler, highly massaged, 1992 ZR1/Aerobody Callaway lives in Nevada right now, in the Carson City area. Here's a picture of it while still in San Diego last April. I will have to do some Photoshop work to webify/shrink another picture from its new Nevada home.

After buying it in Chicago and driving to Washington DC and then back to Carlisle last year, I have put about 4,000 miles on it since my purchase. So far no problems, other than hellish brake dust that I have to keep after.

The car was built for and raced in several open road race events in the 150-170 mph range for extended distances. It is super quick on both the straights and the turns, just as Steve Deshler promised it would be. With the DRM motor, it dynoed at the rear wheels with 442HP/389 ft lbs of torque. He put some really big money into this car (Callaway 368, DRM 368, race radiator, headers, stainless exhaust, Borla XR1 non-mufflers, Centerforce clutch, short shift kit, coilovers, rollbar w/5 point belts, custom seats (for the 5 points), 18" Fikses, 335/30 Pilot Sports, Ferrari and APRacing brakes, oversize slotted rotors).

Me, I just drive it sort of fast (but not as fast as Steve D), when the weather is nice...

Steve B

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom