Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help for a Fellow corvette owner

I

Im1ru2

http://forums.theautochannel.com/posting.php?mode=editpost&p=6620 I have 2 ford ranger XLT's. the 1994 4, cyl, 5 speed truck is generally in very good shape for 114,000 miles, but the transmission is screwed up. First, the synchro's in second gear were going, so i had to shift from first to third, now it is not going anywhere. A new tranny is about $1600. plus about 300+ to install. I could pull one from a wrecking yard for about 100 bucks,or get one from another parts place where the prices range from 300-700(the 700$ one has 70,000 miles but comes with a six month warranty) -Any suggestions-I just had it repainted last year,Green on top,with gold bottom( two tone). it has a black powder coated diamond plate box(one piece top) with black side rails and full black diamond plate tailgate plate.Should i fix it and sell it-(prices range for 2000 to 2500) or just try and part it out?
My other Ranger is a 2000 6 cyl with a minor problem, the code shows excessive EGR, I have replaced the EGR valve and it still shows the same code,do i replace the relay next or what?:confused it runs fine , I cleaned the throttle body and ran some injector cleaner (Lucas) through it. what next? the relay or check for vacuum leaks etc .Any help is much appreciated. I do like my ford's as they have been very reliable but my baby is a 1986 silver metallic Corvette coupe with 91000 miles on it and has been an excellent car and still goes like a bat out of hell- I beat a mustang cobra the other day !
Jamm'in Jeff:w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Win Both Corvettes!

Win Both Corvettes and Get Extra Bonus Tickets Now!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Dead Center Foundation

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Partners

Top Bottom