Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

help for a newbie!

B

beachbumtroy

hey guys im new to the vette scene and to vettes in general,just got my 1st a 1975 project, and i do mean project,the frt. clip is damaged the whole interior needs to be re-done,been sitting for 8 yrs outside so i got my work cut out for me,but im willing :) anyway as i said the frt.clip is damaged and i have a chance to get a nice 1 on ebay cheap and close to home,but its for a 1974 and the owner doesnt know if it will fit mine or not,so hence the reason im here.can anybody tell me for certain if the 75 and 74 are interchangeable? thnx bb

John E

Corvette
06 VY Z06
If I were a betting man i would bet it would work. At the worst you'll be fabracating as you go.

B

beachbumtroy

i dont mind a little fabbing,hect the whole car is going to be alot of that:) but r the body lines and so on the same? like i said im new to vettes been a camino man all my life,as long as the lines and body style is the same thats cool .thnx for any and all help bb

Corvette
1972 LT-1/Air coupe w/all options
I'm 99% sure that the front clip was unchanged between 1974 and 1975.

In fact, I'm pretty sure it's the same beast from 1973 up until at least 1979 with the only updates to the car being the urathane added in front of the fiberglass.

mkapp7879

Corvette
78 Pace,black 79 and white 79, all L82s
Bumpers and bumper mounting hardware is different between 74 and 75 if that matters.

crause

Corvette
75 Convertible-steel blue / 2000 lt. pewter conv.
how much are they asking for the ft. clip. All of the work involved in changing it is not something you want to do twice. I changed the front bumper on mine and went with the fiber flex from Eckler's and am very satisfied.

B

beachbumtroy

well 1st off thnx for the replies, and i think i can get the whole frt. clip for about 200,thats what im hoping,but ethier way with u guys advise i guess ill go ahead and bid on it and see. thnx for the 1st of many help sessions im sure :)

6880 Mike

Corvette
1968 convertible; 1980 L-82
Bumpers and bumper mounting hardware is different between 74 and 75 if that matters.

Grilles and parking lights are different, but essentially it's the same sheet metal.

Before you plunk down the money for the replacement doghouse, take a look at it. Who pulled it off? Did they know what they were doing or is it in worse shape than the one you have?

Can't argue with the price.
:)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Win Both Corvettes!

Win Both Corvettes and Get Extra Bonus Tickets Now!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Dead Center Foundation

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Partners

Top Bottom