Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

HELP! I need your advise on a 69' I am looking at...

G

getmeaC3

I need advise on a 1969 L88 coupe. This car has the M22 Rock Crusher 4 speed transmission, high performance brakes and suspensions, 427/430 HP motor, 11,000 original miles, one owner, and he is asking $10,500.
The car is online so I can't go and see it.
I need to know what things I should ask him about. I need to know any history or details that will help me make this decision. From what I can tell online this car, in this condition, is worth more then this, so I am a little skeptical. What better place to get trust worthy advise on this car then the number one forum site on vettes. Thanks in advance for all your comments.

Steve

For some reason I think this is bogus. A 69 with 11K on the clock and a 4 speed big block too!! Naaaaaah. Unless it has been in a fire or flood maybe.:nono

Randy

uhhh dude....... an L88 regardless of mileage is NOT going to be listed at $10,500. If it's a real L88 there is a zero missing in that price!
if he is trying to tell you it's an L88 and he is the original owner and he only wants $10,500 for it it's a scam and he's trying to get your money and you will never see the car.

even a non-L88, basic motor small block '69 with only 11,000 miles is worth a lot more than $10.5k unless it's a wrecked or destroyed car.
ANY '69 BB car, L88 CLONE or any other BB motor, is worth more than $10.5K by at least double.

A REAL '69 L88 car is worth at least 10 times this amount.

can you say scam, scam, scam, scam, scam

Watch the scams. Its common for these scammers to list cars at below value. Let me guess a family member just died...the car is in another country?

Tell him you are going to have it inspected. Ask for an address. See if you get one. Usually they won't reply.

Jim

I need advise on a 1969 L88 coupe. This car has the M22 Rock Crusher 4 speed transmission, high performance brakes and suspensions, 427/430 HP motor, 11,000 original miles, one owner, and he is asking $10,500.
I need to know what things I should ask him about. I need to know any history or details that will help me make this decision. From what I can tell online this car, in this condition, is worth more then this, so I am a little skeptical. What better place to get trust worthy advise on this car then the number one forum site on vettes. Thanks in advance for all your comments.

Steve

Clearly a scam. Did he ask for a deposit yet??

Run, Forrest, RUN. :)

Absolute total 100% bogus scam.

Chuck

If he gets your email or your ebay ID you are in for trouble. It is definitely a scam and what they are looking for is to hijack your ID. Do what you have to do to protect yourself you are in for a rough ride if you have given him any of your info.

Big time scam happens all the time. Contact Ebay.

The car is in storage and he is using Expresscargoonline.com as a third party company to handle the deal. I have given no money and he has answered every email I have sent over the past two weeks. I asked for the Vin number and he gave it to me.
VIN - 194379S737301 Is there a way to check this number to validate ownership?

I am very skeptical too so I am trying every angle I can. But what if it is the one deal. I am taking it very slow.
Thanks all for your info keep replying I need all the options I can get.

Steve

Also there is a 5 day inspection period given to inspect the car, if you decide not to buy the Third party company refunds the money and the seller is responsible for the freight for the car to be returned.
expresscargoonline.com check out the web site. Very interesting

getmeaC3

Steve

No way jose!!! send link to forum so we can all check it out.

This is just the third party.....where is the car?? THIS HAS TO BE A SCAM. You should pass all that you know on to the local FBI field office.

...VIN - 194379S737301 Is there a way to check this number to validate ownership?...

The VIN will not tell you whether this '69 coupe is an L-88; as for ownership, you might be able to run the VIN through the DMV of the state where the car is titled.

There were 116 1969 L-88 cars built. That's an extremely low number. Do your homework on this car before you write a check.

Remember: If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is.

Good Luck.
;)

Take everyones advise and run like hell. Low price on that car is $56,000 . If you found it in a back yard barn from an old lady, maybe .. On Ebay... No Way . You are about to be parted from your cash at the least.

First clue is its registered thorugh Africa.....

Registration Service Provided By: WEB4AFRICA

Web4Africa accepts e-gold, paypal, graphcard & more! Domain names from only $3!
Domain Name: EXPRESSCARGOONLINE.COM

Registrant:
Cargo Express
John Guzdek (big_tillo13@mail2wow.com)
6037 Devlin Ave
Niagara Falls
null,14304-3127
US
Tel. +1.7162838010

Creation Date: 18-Jul-2006
Expiration Date: 18-Jul-2007

Domain servers in listed order:
ns2.web4africa.com
ns1.web4africa.com

THERE IS ALSO A 65 CONVERT WITH A BUY IT NOW OF $15000. i posted the info and the link on the c2 forum. when i emailed about the location of the vehicle for inspection purposes, i got the "classic" scam response. it went somthing like, "i was transfered to italy with my job, the car is in alaska and may be inspected there if you wish" of course it was next to the arctic circle, lol!!

the "deal" was being handled third party with the shipping of $1000 to get the car to the state of washington. you figure it out from there. all monies handled through an irreversible western union transfer that will be "held in escrow" with this imaginary third party. CAN YOU SPELL SCAM ANY OTHER WAY????

as it relates to your "discovered" bargain L88, RUN LIKE HELL AS QUICKLY AS YOU CAN!! there isn't anyone giving away anything these days..

my personal motto as guidence in these types of situations: THERE IS NO FREE LUNCH. IF IT SOUNDS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, YOU CAN COUNT ON THE FACT THAT IT IS!!

as previously stated..............RUN FORREST, RUN!!!

I can't believe there are any actual living, breathing human beings left that can't INSTANTLY recognize these things as SCAMS; no wonder the scammers keep on pushing. :eyerole

Steve
STEVE: MAYBE THE AD IS JUST FOR THE ENGINE AND TRANS AND DOESN'T INCLUDE THE CAR. BE VERRRRY CAREFUL. RUSS

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom