Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help Identifying pieces

jvance

Corvette
1958FI Signet Red
Quick prelude...
Purchased a 58 vette mid restoration. A lot of the car was in boxes. The following pieces are items that I cannot identify. I had to shrink them down to meet the size requirements.. I have larger pics if they will help. I can email them if necessary.

Thanks,
John

Picture 1.

help part 3

pic 3

To size this piece, the item above it is the interior courtesy light.

I'm a '57 guy, don't recognize any of the pieces as belonging to a '58; maybe leftovers from one of the previous owner's other projects?

John,

I see you got the pictures posted. #2 is obviously a cover of some sort. I checked my inner doors and it isn't like the ones on the '59. There was a cover on the trunk floor under the tail light that the '59 didn't have. It looks to be about 3 times biger that the trunk latch hole.

I can't find any linkage in my door that looks like # 1 either. also checked the FI pictures. I thought the long arm might be a part of a door window regulator.

I'll have to dig out a better parts book or get help on this one. Are you sure these are Corvette parts? :L One good thing has come out of this so far. My left door latch jammed 18 years ago when I put it in storage. I have since moved it around without opening that door. Well, today I got the door open. It is the one with the inner covers off so I could look at the linkages ect. Now it won't stay closed but that is the better of the 2. Just a very gunky latch assy.

I'll dig more for a better book after supper. Maybe someone will come to our rescue on this.

Tom

I see John posted while I was thinking. He is propably right about them being leftovers from another projects. I put together a '60 for a friend after he had it painted one time and I had a bunch of stuff left over. He was sure that all in the boxes was for the '60 when he brought it to me but there was many midyear pieces there too. He bought it in pieces from a friend of mine who also bought it in pieces.

Tom

I don't recognize any of them either. But the fiberglass piece looks familiar. Mid year maybe?

More info----

Thanks for taking a look at the pictures. I cannot positively say that they are from the 58.
A few of the pieces are painted the signet red though.
(Pic 1)
I found a part number on the long piece (3706279s). Not sure if that can be a reference point. I can’t find it anywhere.
The small piece in Pic 1 is actually 1 of 4. I’m including a new shot of these pieces. They have rust damage and 1 one them is painted signet red. They others have been repainted Black.

(Pic 2) I ran across the fiberglass piece in the Corvette Central book. It's unique to the 58. Pg. 64 of the latest catalog... I'm guessing that's in the trunk... I'll dig it out and confirm.

(Pic 3)
Who Knows.. But it is also Signet Red. I ran across it in the Dash Box…..

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom