Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help installing C2 coupe side glass!

W

wluessen

Can anyone please give me some advice on re-installing my side window glass?

I pulled the glass and wing window to replace the window fuzzies and wing weather strip.

Now I can’t find the right combination to get it all back in. If I put the wing window in place and then the rear track it is impossible to put the glass in.

I tried putting the rear track in then the glass window and now it looks impossible to fit the front track/wing window in.:duh

Also I need so suggestions on how to push the glass into the retaining rail on the regulator. I installed new window grip rubber and I can’t get it to seat into the channel. I am tempted to put a little grease on it to help it slide in but I am concerned if I do that the glass won’t stay in the channel when it is being rolled down.:confused

Has anyone out there experienced this same problem on a mid-year?

I have had my '67 Coupe glass in and out several times over the 29+ years I have owned it and have come up with a few tricks to make the job easier. It would take a long time to describe all of the steps here, but if you give me a call, I will be glad to help and walk you through the process. I live in Poulsbo and my number is (360) 779-4414. I will be at the Corvette & High Performance Swap Meet in Puyallup tomorrow but will return sometime tomorrow PM. Dave Ellingson.

hey i'll be at the swap meet too!
Thanks for the help I'll call you tomorrow night.

Try calling me in the afternoon or leave a message. I will have my pager with me if you want to try that ((360) 307-1408). I have a dinner meeting tomorrow night. If you see Glass Odyssey Corvette Club jackets at Puyallup, ask someone to track me down. I'm president of the club.

I didn't get a call, so you must have found some good advice. I'm available if you need me.

thanks for the offer to help... I did find the solution to my problem; install top and back fuzzy (without back rail) next instal front runner, install glass, move glass up into full up position, shoe horn back rail in behind fuzzy already hanging down inside door. It was pretty easy once the right combination was found.

Thanks again for your offer to help.

Hope you had a good time at the swap meet. I was a bit disapointed; high prices and not the quality/quanity of cars they have had in the past years.

Glad everything worked for you. The one tip I was planning to pass on to you is to remove the one window channel retainer at the top of the back rail to make the job of installing and removing the rail much easier. There is really no need for that fastener there and it is very difficult to get it popped in or out of the rail with the glass in the way. I found the prices to be high as well, but I am replacing all the trim, replacing worn parts, and freshening everything up on my '67 to not detract from the new paint, so I spent a lot of money last weekend.

Warren Sent you an e-mail. Send full e-mail address and I'll send you some files that may help you with this job.

DZ

C2 Side Glass Installation

Having a frustrating time installing 67 coupe side glass. Can someone
send me the sequence.

Thanks
George

You can find some info here:

http://lbfun.com/Corvette/Tech/vettetech.html

Under "body and frame" pull up the file called "C2 Door Anatomy". It's based on my 65 so I don't know how much the 63 and 64 might differ.

Under "Interior" open "C2 Power Window repair". Check out the tip about notching the top hole in the rear window channel to make installation and removal of the channel easier.

Hope this might be of some use to you.

DZ

Hello Dave
I received your e-mail and I want to thank you very much for your help
take care
Tom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom