Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help me understand whitewalls

Why do you run whitewalls?

• My wife likes whitewalls.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
That's why there's chocolate and vanilla Tossin! Great looking vettes like yours will always look good either way! :beer

My 73 came with the "Firestone 721" white walls. That was a real thin w/w. They were replaced under recall warranty. I had a second set of white walls. They were junk. I replaced them with raised letter Goodyears. I like white walls on the early vette's, that my vote and I'm sticking to it. On the later C3+, I think raised letters fit the era.

The original owner of my '67 ordered the car with red stripe tires. The day they built the car at St. Louis, they ran out of them and substituted White Side Walls as shown below. The revision notice #1593 is also noted.

The owner told me he refused delivery of the car with the white walls, so the dealer took all four tires off and sent their truck down to the Firestone tire dealer and had four redlines mounted. PT ;)

tankstickerft.jpg

WW were on the car when I purchased it. I still think they look the best on a 64. JMO..

11lonlc.jpg

She was originally delivered with white walls and had them on when I bought the car. :w

I dig white walls! I'm getting a set of wide ones for my 56 to complete the restoration. I also have white walls on my daily driver...

WL.jpg

Nice look. They make that car.

A nice pair Jack. My '59 was all black when new with only a few options (270/4-speed, heater, courtesy light) so I'm inclined to believe that it had black walls too.

You know that there are a few old truck guys here too. Please post a picture of that sweet Ford hot rod here. I gotta see it. :D

Tom

White Walls

I prefer raised white lettering to whitewalls. Whitewalls look good on older corvettes, but definately not c3s and above.:w

I'm Down With Gangster Walls

Why do you run whitewalls on yours?

If you lived in South Central....you wouldn't ask that question.
Remo:cool

caprice004.jpg

you missed a opinion "White walls are for grandma"
mine are on the inside so only the roadkill gets to see them ;LOL

Ford Truck

A nice pair Jack. My '59 was all black when new with only a few options (270/4-speed, heater, courtesy light) so I'm inclined to believe that it had black walls too.

You know that there are a few old truck guys here too. Please post a picture of that sweet Ford hot rod here. I gotta see it. :D

Tom
Hopefully picture of 41 is attached. This is my daily driver.
Tom, 68 in previous picture is 427 with no other options.

That is sweet. Thanks for posting it. You should have a set of steelies with wide whites to swap off occasionally.

Mine had white wall Firestone 721's when delivered. They fell apart and were replaced under recall(free set of tires). I've run rwl since but I think I'll return to white walls for the next set. I think they look classy and are a little out of the norm. Could you imagine white walls on a Z06?

BLACK WALLS

Tom, this thread is so old the pictures in some have disappeared...:rotfl.. but its still appropriate ..

Fuelly.jpg

DSC00gher54.jpg

It only laid dormant for a couple of years. :L It's nice to see it back though.

Hmmmm.....I need some Daytons. I was thinking Triple Cross with alloy rims and 2 bar traditional spinners. Let them tarnish a tad and they would look like old Borranis. :upthumbs

The pinstriping on the 41 looks real nice, especially around the wheel wells.:w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom